Large malware data + zippyshare

uni.girl

Thread author
Sep 13, 2015
Hi,

I am looking for collecting very large malware data and I don't know from where to start.. I have read about wine project which belongs to Symantec ' google it' and it looks nice and I wonder if there's something else like that ?

another question: that I have tried to dolwnload malware samples from the virus exchange section but it looks that all zippyshare links doesn't open and I don't know why ! any help ?

L

LabZero

Hello

As regards the first question, it depends on whether you want a updated malware pack or not.
Here: ytisf/theZoo · GitHub, It is a file that contains many old malware but that are great to analyze.
If you want fresh malware, I recommend you to download them from malwr.com (you must login).
With a little patience you can create a good collection of new malware.

Zippyshare does not open? Sometimes the web protection by some antivirus programs (Webroot for example) blocks as malicious Zippyshare site because the page is full of ads that make it impossible to see the main page.
Install uBlock Origin extension of your browser (Firefox, Opera or Chrome) and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

uni.girl

Thread author
Sep 13, 2015
Hello

As regards the first question, it depends on whether you want a updated malware pack or not.
Here: ytisf/theZoo · GitHub, It is a file that contains many old malware but that are great to analyze.
If you want fresh malware, I recommend you to download them from malwr.com (you must login).
With a little patience you can create a good collection of new malware.

Zippyshare does not open? Sometimes the web protection by some antivirus programs (Webroot for example) blocks as malicious Zippyshare site because the page is full of ads that make it impossible to see the main page.
Install uBlock Origin extension of your browser (Firefox, Opera or Chrome) and try again.

Really appreciate your help, I didn't know that I could download samples from malwr, so THANK you.
I want also to conduct some analysis 'behavioural' and I used to send to Anubis, however, because of the long queue of the analyses 'from your experience :) ' .. do you recommend any other sandbox ? either way online and not.

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

There are several free malware analysis sandboxes and services that can examine malicious samples automatically:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.