Lary Config

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Any Backup like having your own USB/ External HDD? Its better to have lots of backup than ones. ;)

Optional suggestion if you are doing logins with different passwords, you may add Lastpass to store them securely.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

PrMi

Level 3
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hi,
Good config.
I would only suggest you to keep a separate hdd for backup if possible and enable uac. If u keep it on disabled then there will be no alert on opening any untrusted file which could be malware. It helps to see which applications require admin rights too.
Anyways,
Thanks.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Lary. Thank you for sharing your configuration.

I liked reading the outstanding advice our members/friends have already gifted you. I also liked that you use WinPatrol & CCleaner.

Being familiar with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scanner, you should obtain their free Anti-Exploit from the same amazing developer. It protects your browser & Java from exploits, also known as Zero Day threats.

Finally, Chrome allows you to block third party cookies.
Here's how:
  1. Go to settings.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and >> click on Show advanced settings.
  3. Under >> Privacy, mark "Block third party cookies..". For added privacy, mark "Keep content information only until browser is closed.
  • I practice, and recommend, browsing in Incognito which deletes both history and cookies at end of session.
PS Nice avatar!;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is very good,light and strong.
My suggestion is to add a second browser Mozilla based in case you have a problem with Chrome and you can add another on demand scanner like Emsisoft Emergency Kit just to be sure.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Lary and Sr. Normal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.