Battle LastPass and Bitwarden free cloud alternatives?

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello, i was checking for some answers here and around the web but i couldn't find it yet.

Short question: I need a FREE alternative to LastPass and Bitwarden, wich one do you suggest and why?

Long version: I used Lastpass for years, but i'm really bothered with the security flaws it had and their confusing Privacy Policy! It's too vague! I tried Bitwarden for sometime but despite i think it's safe and simple, i don't like 3 things in it: (i) i doesn't have that simple icon inside login/password box that allows you to easily access everything you need; (ii) its autofill doesn't work so well as LastPass; (iii) the main reason i don't like it: the vault is locked everytime i close the browser! Even if i select to use PIN or if i select to block the vault only when system is restarted, it still locks the vault everytime i close it! I lost the count the number of times i selected bitwarden to fill something and forget the vault was locked because i had closed edge after the last time i unlocked it

I tried AVIRA password, and it seems ok, but i never saw anyone talking about it. Do you have any other idea?

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Lately, I've tested a few PM, a none was so good as LastPass in terms of usability. It's a shame LastPass had so many security problems =[.

Till now, I tested Bitwarden, Avira PM, Stickpassword, Roboform, Norton PM, Kaspersky PM.

The best ones (in the free version) are LastPass, Bitwarden and Avira for sure!

Norton and Kasperksy PM's - free (actually these 1 and 2 in my top 5)

Kaspersky free is limited to only a few passwords so it's a no for me.

Norton password was the one that gave me a lot of headaches. And it lacks a lot of features. AVIRA is much better than Norton PM hands down!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.