Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
If my understanding is right you mean that the only solution is to delete manually every password stored ?
Correctly, and i'm not sure if they keep all your passwords in their server even you delete them..

If I close/delete my account , my passwords/informations are not deleted ?
Yes the companies keep them in their server obviously i dont trust them i dont know. if you move to a new password manager from the suite then change the password on every account as email, social media, etc ASAP then put them in a new password manager as Bitwarden or 1Password or others so up to you..

Please read the article

Also the video

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
That's the good thing with being a member of a security forum. I use Lastpass, and just changed to a new 15 word masterpassword, and used 2FA. Now I feel reasonably safe again. Now I use 2FA on everything important on my computer. :cool:

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
For the average user, an online password manager is a step upward in security, because otherwise, he or she would probably use the same guessable password for a whole string of sites, and rarely change it. That's a greater security risk than the possibility of LastPass being hacked.

colin.p

Jan 6, 2022
Me sipping tea comfortably with my local password manager (KeePass), that leaks and hacks can't reach, 🍵

Having your passwords online is asking for trouble, same for having them saved on the browser and synced.
Yup. Been using KeePass for pretty well forever, through multiple incarnations and iterations, on several different platforms. Works for me.

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.