LastPass - One of a kind password manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well even I didn't use it , in my opinion the only known password manager that was nice.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Encrypts your data before it leaves your PC. All data is encrypted using your master password and cannot be decrypted without it. You are the only one knowing that password.

This is a must have for any kind on online storage service if you plan using it to store personal information. Simply using "state of the art encryption" is not enough. The most important aspect is how that encryption is used.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
If you're like me who has many password to keep in mind this baby will make life easy for you. I am so happy that I don't need to think of all of the passwords I have.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Cool written review, to be honest I've never bothered to try LastPass. never found a need too but after reading this I feel like giving it a spin. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MrX, you may become completely dependant on it. Especially if you let it generate passwords for you. :p

Overall great free software for non-mobile Operating systems.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I switch from Roboform to LastPass about 2 years ago when Roboform started limiting their freeware version to only 10 passwords (NOT enough for basic users).

I have been very pleased with LastPass, it works just as good as Roboform and has no limitations in the freeware version. Of coarse the Premium version as added features, but most users like myself don't need them.

Excellent review.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I use LastPass, but since the bug I have not used it so I will find if the bug is still there and then I will.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
McLovin said:
I use LastPass, but since the bug I have not used it so I will find if the bug is still there and then I will.

Which bug are you talking about?

LastPass works well on my Firefox browser, and does fine on Chrome as well.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Such a useful Addon that makes my life so much easier... I only started using it recently, wish I''d tried it sooner! :D

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Not a bug. Lastpass team found a breach in their security and asked their users to change the master password. This caused their servers to become unresponsive.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Longtime user of Roboform here. I decided to give LastPass a try because my pro license no longer applies to newer versions of Roboform and they now want a yearly license. I'm not at all interested in that, but I have years worth of passwords saved in Roboform, so I feel like a captive user. :(

I read that LastPass can import data from Roboform, so I decided to give it a try.

Apparently, it can only import data from the previous version of Roboform and instructs you to rollback to the previous version to export and then import the data in several steps. Hmmm... :rolleyes: OK, so I did that and the data seems incomplete. At least it isn't recognizing and automatically entering any of the logins I've tried.

Not impressed so far. I'll likely go through the process of manually logging in to all the sites because Roboforms new yearly license thing sucks, but this will be incredibly time consuming.

There's also an oddity I see in Firefox. When logging in, it says it's logged in and shows me my vault, but I get an error message that says there was a problem contacting the servers and I should check my internet connection. My connection is fine, you just logged me in... It's probably a conflict with some other extension because I don't see this issue in IE (used only to test this issue) but I haven't gotten around to any troubleshooting.

D

Deleted member 178

i heard it may conflict with firefox's password manager; just uncheck it in firefox options. personnaly i disabled the "show my vault" after login in. it work fine for me never had issues.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm using Chrome....and I can say that now I'm addicted to this plugin..it works flawlesly and I also like the fact that it can generate strong passwords.
Since it's free and it's available for all the major browser I do recommend this plugin to all my friends.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Jack said:
I'm using Chrome....and I can say that now I'm addicted to this plugin..it works flawlesly and I also like the fact that it can generate strong passwords.
Since it's free and it's available for all the major browser I do recommend this plugin to all my friends.

Replace chrome with Firefox, and this pretty much sums it up for me,

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i heard it may conflict with firefox's password manager; just uncheck it in firefox options.

I don't use Firefox's password manager. Never have. Disabling it is always one of the first things I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.