XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I wonder why Adguard devs didn't release an immediate update to fix this bug. Maybe it's because they think it's not a critical bug, or they don't care about lost bandwidth of their customers since they don't have limited internet subscription. Gave them a limited internet plan, maybe they could have fixed this immediately.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
This problem happened to me also in Opera. If I stopped a download and exited opera, still high download traffic was being shown. Tried to find which software was downloading through Eset network connections dialog, but it didn't show anything. Now I understand the problem, thanks.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Beta yes, unsure about the stable, Don't quote me because they may have poped in a update,
and i don't want to misinform concerning the stable version XhenEd.
PeAcE

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I wonder why Adguard devs didn't release an immediate update to fix this bug. Maybe it's because they think it's not a critical bug, or they don't care about lost bandwidth of their customers since they don't have limited internet subscription. Gave them a limited internet plan, maybe they could have fixed this immediately.
Thats the reason I uninstalled it.

I am on limited bandwidth & the fix was not there for quite a long time.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
It was May when this was reported, but it is July now, and the fix is still in the beta version. :mad:
I wonder how many have lost so much bandwidth because of Adguard. Jogs is surely just one of them. :eek:

@avatar Why? :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It was May when this was reported, but it is July now, and the fix is still in the beta version. :mad:
I wonder how many have lost so much bandwidth because of Adguard. Jogs is surely just one of them. :eek:

@avatar Why? :)
I lost few GBs. And came to know about the prob only when I accidently stumble upon mentioned Adguard bug. And I posted the bug here.

Reactions: XhenEd

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Hello,
I have question because in Adguard Desktop shows me that I have to many filters. What is practice to use filters in Adguard desktop ?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hello,
I have question because in Adguard Desktop shows me that I have to many filters. What is practice to use filters in Adguard desktop ?
Use the default number of filters, and only add one or two filters if you like.
With mine, I only have the default plus Annoyance filter.

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
yes but now I don't know which are default ?
Why does it add new filters ?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
yes but now I don't know which are default ?
Why does it add new filters ?
Maybe you have on enable language specific filters? Default filters are English filter and User filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.