At-Risk Latino's Security Config

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Why you don't upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version, Fall Creators Update ? Update it as soon as you can because Windows 10 FCU include some security and quality improvements.
Fill the form completely, I saw that you didn't fill some of the required fields !.
Follow the @Captain Awesome suggestions above, Thanks for sharing your config :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
KIS 2018 is the great supervisor of your configuration, and it provides a very good safety.
You can add EEK or ZAM free just as a second opinion scanner.
Very important is to safeguard your data using a good backup/restore plan, Macrium Reflect free (or paid) is an excellent choice.
Thanks for sharing! :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Please complete the fields properly. Consider:
- On demand scanners like Zemana
- Content blockers like uBlock Origin
- Backup software like Macrium Reflect Free
- Updating to the last version of Windows 10
- Tweaking Kaspersky. You have one of the most powerful AVs in the world, why not play a bit with it? :)
Thanks for sharing.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Update your OS to the current build!
Then implement some type of system and data backup solution such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper Free.
Browser(s)?
Browser extensions?
System Utilities?
Please edit your config and fill in all fields.
Thanks for the share :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Please fill in all thread fields.

Add ZAM Free and EEK or NPE.

What browser do you use? I suggest Chrome with uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere.

Add Sandboxie Free (and use it while browsing to have more protection.)

Thanks for sharing.

latino

Thread author
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks for your answers.
So, mainly I need to add an On-demand scanner and a Backup Software.
I have thought about HitmanPro or EEK, but on Backup software, what's better?.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@latino: please reflect Your new changes editing Your config and announcing them here, thanks :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.