Advanced Security Lavasoft Ad-Aware 10 (5P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
Dashke said:
DCY012 said:
I'm surprised by the number of good reviews. Me and a friend had stopped using Ad-Aware years back because it got so bad, but I might have to check it out now since it's been updated.

Anyone know when the stable release will be available?

Yeah, they made such improvements that it's just crazy! :)
They say very soon, I am expecting next week...

Great, looking forward to testing it out then. :)

Littlebits said:
DCY012 said:
I'm surprised by the number of good reviews. Me and a friend had stopped using Ad-Aware years back because it got so bad, but I might have to check it out now since it's been updated.

Anyone know when the stable release will be available?

According to MajorGeeks v.10.0.138.2879 is the latest and it says nothing about it being a beta release.

But Download Crew has a later version. v.10.0.155 Beta.

So far I don't see any downloads for v.10 on Lavasoft website.

Yes I'm very interested in trying it out once it goes final.
Ad-Aware went down the drain over the years, I would like to see it get back on track.

Thanks.:D

Thanks for all the info. :)

Yeah me too. I just uninstalled SAS and CIS because they both slowed down my laptop speed as far as bootup time and performance.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@ Post #20

Time 6:40 in video.

What exactly happened at the end? Due to the different language I'm not sure if that's a normal XP error screen? Anyone understand what it said?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was seriously disappointed that Sunbelt Firewall drivers were left behind after uninstalling Ad-Aware 10 Free (Beta).

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I thought Ad Aware was using private firewall not sunbelts. But looking at the interface it seemed as if just Vipre has been redecorated. AD Aware Total Security too is same, just a redecorated GDATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.