Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall & Netcraft
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
CCE w/ Killswitch, Zemana Antimalware, Norton Power Eraser & Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browser: Opera (latest version) (default browser)
Extensions: Nano Blocker & Defender, SingleClick Cleaner, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Privacy Possum, CSS Exfil Protection, Auto History Wipe, Netcraft, Script Defender & i don't care about cookies.

Browser: Comodo Ice Dragon
Extensions: Scriptsafe, uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, Behind The Overlay, Netcraft, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Trace, Decentraleyes & CanvasBlocker

Browser: Firefox Quantum (not on current system)
Extensions: NoScript, Decentraleyes, Cookie Auto Delete, Trace, uBlock Origin, IDN Safe, CSS Exfil Protection, ClearURLs, Skip Redirect, Smart Referer, Malwarebytes, BehindTheOverlay, Ghostery, Keyboard Privacy, CanvasBlocker, Netcraft & Random User Agent
Maintenance tools
O&OShutup 10, Defraggler, RevoUninstaller, SysHardener 1.5 (Evjl Rain settings) for additional system security and lockdown, procexp, Windscribe VPN Free 15GB plan, VLC Media Player, OpenOffice, 7zip, Virtual DJ Pro, CDBurnerXP, AOMEI Backupper Standard, Bleachbit, PrivaZer & Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi @LDogg

I know you are strongly in favor of using Netcraft. Have you read their privacy policy?

Netcraft | Privacy Statement

If you find Netcraft's privacy policy unacceptable you can use NoScript (for FF) which has XSS protection as well and add the necessary phishing filters in uBO. Also, Malwarebytes offers some protection against phishing too.

In addition, for FF, you can set DNS-over-HTTPS using Security Filter in CleanBrowsing DNS which blocks access to phishing, malware and malicious domains in the link below

Anti-phishing protection without Google Safebrowsing

CleanBrowsing phishing protection test is mentioned here

Phishing Protection — Comparing DNS Security Filters

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hi @LDogg

I know you are strongly in favor of using Netcraft. Have you read their privacy policy?

Netcraft | Privacy Statement

If you find Netcraft's privacy policy unacceptable you can use NoScript (for FF) which has XSS protection as well and add the necessary phishing filters in uBO. Also, Malwarebytes offers some protection against phishing too.

In addition, for FF, you can set DNS-over-HTTPS using Security Filter in CleaningBrowsing which blocks access to phishing, malware and malicious domains in the link below

Anti-phishing protection without Google Safebrowsing
I'm fine with the Netcraft privacy policy. I feel their protection is strong enough to warrant it personally on this end.

I'll have a look at this DNS-over-HTTPS. However I cannot use any other DNS service due to connecting to a pubs wifi when DJing.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 21/08/18

Removed from Comodo Ice Dragon + Opera
- Malwarebytes (slowing down browser startup and webpage, too many false positives)

Removed from system.
- Immunet (i feel it provide insufficient protection for what I need, but was installed to test)

Installed software
- MinerOff (testing)
- Cybernetic Shade (for software & browser sandboxing)

Edit: Cybernetic shade collect too much info on installation so not installed.

~LDogg

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Updated: 21/08/18

Removed from Comodo Dragon + Opera
- Malwarebytes (slowing down browser startup and webpage, too many false positives)

Removed from system.
- Immunet (i feel it provide insufficient protection for what I need, but was installed to test)

Installed software
- MinerOff (testing)
- Cybernetic Shade (for software & browser sandboxing)

~LDogg
Ice dragon you mean :unsure: Do you use hplist/pups?

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'm currently using CFW + Syshardener v1.5 + Netcraft/Scriptsafe (Comodo Icedragon/Opera) as my security setup. Mineroff is just in a test period so currently I will not include this within the setup currently.

Just wondering if there's anything out there which doesn't trample on OS Bootup time or resources.

Thanks for any replies.

~LDogg

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Depending on your CFW settings even SysHardener can be redundant. I think you're perfect to go, I wouldn't add anything else. You're locked down and if it works great and doesn't affect the performance, just make sure you have safe habits and you're good to go sir :)

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Depending on your CFW settings even SysHardener can be redundant. I think you're perfect to go, I wouldn't add anything else. You're locked down and if it works great and doesn't affect the performance, just make sure you have safe habits and you're good to go sir :)
Thank you, @RoboMan. I always have safe habits so not too bad on that end. :p

~LDogg

Reactions: RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you, @RoboMan. I always have safe habits so not too bad on that end. :p

~LDogg
Hehe, the statistics of getting infected with safe habits and general knowledge exist, but are minimum. As long as you have a script and ad blocker well configured, some app container and you know the Donny do's and don'ts, you should not have any issue. :)

Reactions: LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 11/09/2018.

Disabled Windows Defender via group policy. I found WD to fairy memory & CPU heavy.

Removed MBAM Browser Extension from all web browsers.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Minor update:

- Scanned full system with Zemana nothing found, but CPU usage is higher than normal. Idle should be 48% but floats upt to 54-58%, could be doing this as Window Defender is disabled.

zemana.png
zemana.png

~LDogg

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Yea look somethig bad i used zemana to scan only my C drive and i had 3x more files scanned in half shorten time

i guess is depen also and disk speed

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated Vivaldi to the latest version and Forticlient now does scheduled scans once a week.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.