Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Full Video tutorial for beginners with language C
The C programming language is one of the most popular and widely used programming languages and is commonly used to programme operating systems such as Unix. It is a general-purpose programming language and one of the main advantages of programming in C is that it allows the programmer to write directly to memory. This means that key constructs within C-generated software programs can be used within the memory in an efficient and machine-independent fashion. This free online C programming Diploma course introduces you to the important concepts when programming in C. You will learn how the C programming language works with data, what progam flow is, and how to use functions, methods and routines. You will be introduced to conditional flow statements, the mechanisms for controlling flow statements, and how to implement simple statements in C. Logical operators such as OR, GOTO and the While loop are also discussed in detail. The course covers topics such as using pointers for direct memory access and manipulation in C, changing the memory address contained within a pointer and introduces constants and string literals. You will learn why pointers contain memory addresses of multi-byte variables, and how to visualise RAM in a new way. You will also get step by step instructions on how to create simple C programs and how to run them. This free online C programming Diploma course will be of great interest to all IT, software and computer professionals who would like a greater knowledge and understanding of the C programming language and its key concepts and features, and to learners who would like to learn more about this widely used programming language.

Reactions: tonibalas

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Is it free? I had this subject in my academic. But it took 4 attempts for me to clear this paper. Now i'm feeling to know its importance.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I find C# more educational, as it has more features, a bigger library and, best of all, it's a very type-safe language. It also allows implicit unsafe operations, very, very helpful. C just seems a cute little toy in front of C#. Obviously, C was meant to be written for operating systems and drivers, at least for today's age, and not for writing software. C++ is not type-safe at all, and its not too high-level to write software. It feels like it's C, just with more methods and parameters.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Programming language of C is a best way to start and once already know the concepts then go for C++. Brackets makes only confuse from the first place but lessons are just same like if statement, looping, arrays and etc.

Many advantages compared to others (.NET) where you can operate more concepts to make a program especially intensive programs that we install on our computer.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Programming language of C is a best way to start and once already know the concepts then go for C++. Brackets makes only confuse from the first place but lessons are just same like if statement, looping, arrays and etc.

Many advantages compared to others (.NET) where you can operate more concepts to make a program especially intensive programs that we install on our computer.
But C is too low-level. It's mainly used for writing drivers or OSes.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I got basic concepts of C at my university (me not software engineer though, it was just a subject my field), I passed each & every test & finals with highest marks among we 80 students, now had started learning java, my exams are in process once they end I'll continue learning Java.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Yes that's correct, primarily its a combination of nearly of assembly where it deals on hardware but due to discovered components it can be considered as high level language.

Majority of programs are written in C/C++ that can have ability to activate those complicated code instructions.

www.c4learn.com/c-programming/c-high-level-language/#C_Programming_can_be_considered_as_High_Level_Low_Level

the unknwn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
I find C# more educational, as it has more features, a bigger library and, best of all, it's a very type-safe language. It also allows implicit unsafe operations, very, very helpful. C just seems a cute little toy in front of C#. Obviously, C was meant to be written for operating systems and drivers, at least for today's age, and not for writing software. C++ is not type-safe at all, and its not too high-level to write software. It feels like it's C, just with more methods and parameters.
thats right but without c there would be no c#,C++

D

Deleted member 21043

Yeah, I must admit... C# is much better adapted for a beginner, though.

If someone was a beginner, I'd recommend they went for a language based in .NET to start off (even C++.NET). And then, after some experience, move down to learning C (in which after they have some knowledge on using C they can start learning Windows Driver Development).

Cheers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, I must admit... C# is much better adapted for a beginner, though.

If someone was a beginner, I'd recommend they went for a language based in .NET to start off (even C++.NET). And then, after some experience, move down to learning C (in which after they have some knowledge on using C they can start learning Windows Driver Development).

Cheers. ;)
I also agree. But whenever I think of being a geek and nerdy programmer, C++ is the best choice (now, sorry for contradicting myself.)
C++ explains you WHY, not just HOW.
Why do I need to declare a variable as an int or floating point? What's the difference?
While in Python, we're taught how to declare a variable. In my opinion the natural evolution should be "if the rvalue is x while the constructor is copying the object via std::vector and the lvalue is y while it is initialized then how can I use the auto construct type?" instead of "how do I do this?"

For example, C# restricts the scope of learning. Memory is managed. That means I'll not throw around crazy delete functions that I'd otherwise find in C++ code. The library of C++ (not to mention the godly BOOST) is so vast that it makes C++ compiler-writers to crazy. Can't say same about C#. Or even if C# has a good-enough third party library.

So in my opinion, to make one the PROGRAMMER (like Mel), you should learn C++ as a first language. To be an average student you can learn C#/Python/Java first. But C++ is absolutely essential. I mean, you won't really learn microprocessor architecture without knowing C.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.