LegendCampos' Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Consider setting the User Access Control to "Always Notify", adding a second scanner like Zemana or Malwarebytes.
I'd also use UblockOrigin in Firefox :)
And if you're looking for some extra protection, consider for example Avira free instead of just using Windows Defender.

legendcampos

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
consider adding a second on-demand scanner and use a good program for backups like macrium or aoemi
Once in a while I scan with malwarebytes but I think the Emsisoft is better. I do backup with a HD partition

Consider setting the User Access Control to "Always Notify", adding a second scanner like Zemana or Malwarebytes.
I'd also use UblockOrigin in Firefox :)
And if you're looking for some extra protection, consider for example Avira free instead of just using Windows Defender.

Once in a while I scan with malwarebytes. I don't like ublock, some pages are locked (antiadblock)

UAC to max
Chrome: HTTPS Everywhere, Ublock Origin
On demand : ZAM, Malwarebytes
Backups pls.

The first two have already been met, the third option, I use a HD partition as a backup and in the cloud as well. Already used Acronis image ... but I don't think it's relevant, I prefer the format of Windows and keep with some programs, games and others put on another partition.

Thank you all!

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Once in a while I scan with malwarebytes. I don't like ublock, some pages are locked (antiadblock)
If uBlock Origin doesn't have a counter to it, maybe you can try using English Filters or Easylist without Element Hiding instead of Easylist or just ignore generic cosmetic filters or not parse cosmetic filters.

legendcampos

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
If uBlock Origin doesn't have a counter to it, maybe you can try using English Filters or Easylist without Element Hiding instead of Easylist or just ignore generic cosmetic filters or not parse cosmetic filters.
Some sites detect Adlbock gives to bypass with a script yes script extension works (YesScript), but it's annoying to have to be add blacklisted. Ghostery use I think lighter and still functional and allows some advertisements do not intrusive.

wsF12MO.jpg

Reactions: Xsjx

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
I don't like ublock, some pages are locked (antiadblock)
Hmm, that's odd, I haven't encountered that issue for a very very long time.
I use custom filters to help me out but even when I had it as default, I didn't have many issues with uBlock

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Some sites detect Adlbock gives to bypass with a script yes script extension works (YesScript), but it's annoying to have to be add blacklisted. Ghostery use I think lighter and still functional and allows some advertisements do not intrusive.

wsF12MO.jpg
I didn't have any problems. Are you sure you were using uBlock Origin and not uBlock? With uBlock filters enabled?
Alternatively to YesScript, you can just block inline scripts on the site using dynamic filtering.

Last edited:

legendcampos

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I didn't have any problems. Are you sure you were using uBlock Origin and not uBlock? With uBlock filters enabled?
Alternatively to YesScript, you can just block inline scripts on the site using dynamic filtering.

I use Ublock origin, many sites have blockers of adblock like example site forbes.

Reactions: Nuno

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Do you create system images, if not I would like to suggest Macrium Reflect, both free and reliable? ;)

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
I use Ublock origin, many sites have blockers of adblock like example site forbes.
I use uBlock origin and Forbes and Business Insider aren't able to pick it up. I get no ads or messages to disable adblock.
It's odd that you are getting such messages :/

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Use whitelisting for those sites, doubt they have any intrusive pop-under Ads.

Reactions: Nuno and JM Safe

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of system & data backup solution.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
HTTPS Everywhere & uBlock Origin in Firefox.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: legendcampos

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Maybe the uBlock Filters section are unchecked. Firefox saves the preferences of non-WebExtensions so you will probably still have the same results if it is reinstalled but you can reset it in the uBlock Origin settings page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.