Troubleshoot Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB - Run on AC Power without Battery?

misterman2100

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
battery or motherboard failure?
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
battery taken out, held power button for a minute, popped battery back in, plugged in with AC
battery taken out, held power button for a minute, kept battery out, plugged in with AC
none of the above worked
Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a noodle scratcher. My Ideapad crapped out, showing a sharp decrease in battery power and then promptly powered off. I took apart the necessary areas to access and remove the battery from the chassis. From my old school experience, one could plug in the laptop and still have power without the battery. (I also kind of figured that if it's not the battery, it's definitely the motherboard....)

Is this still the case with these battery-integrated laptops? Can you run from AC power without the battery?

Any help on the matter is much appreciated!

misterman2100

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for the responses! Given the labyrinth of answers on the Lenovo forum, one could never be too sure; so that's why I ultimately asked here. 99.9% certain it's a motherboard issue after continuing to troubleshoot. It seems like others have been experiencing similar issues with their respective Lenovo products. Never going to deal with an Ideapad again!

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I own a Lenovo Yoga, my girlfriend an IdeaPad, no problems do far, they even works better than my previous Asus.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.