Advice Request Licenses on Ebay

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Today I saw too many good deals on lifetime licenses of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit - PREMIUM on eBay. Like Malwarebytes Anti Exploit PPREMIUM LIFETIME License 5PC's for 9.95 USD and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium Lifetime License for 20 USD.
My question is that is it OK to buy these licenses? Are these licences legit?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
N

Noxx

It looks legit to me just based off the fact he has zero negative reviews. If I were a gambling man, I'd make the purchase. Just remember that the seller says it could take up to an hour to deliver the key, or longer depending on if he's awake or not. This "Malwarebytes no longer sells lifetime licenses but they will honor this lifetime license." makes me a bit nervous, but at least he was honest enough to make the disclaimer. It's up to you, aamoos, but I think you have a better chance there than you would getting it off the street via a brown paper bag in a shady neighborhood.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
there is a slight red alert here... Ain't it against the terms and conditions of vendors to re-sell licenses?

Please ensure you first check EULA and related T&C
Also I would contact Malwarebytes staff to verify if it is against the rules or not, specially since its involving Lifetime Licenses...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Seller 100% positive feedback rating(48) as a seller with past similar sales

Seller has a 100% positive feedback rating(8) has sold similar software

Personally I would rather spend a little more and know it is from a reputable seller.However if it is a bogus deal you can always report them to eBay and if you use PayPal get a refund.

Last edited:

aamoos

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Valid point. I will avoid MBAM Premium. And what about Anit Exploit deal? It does look like a official seller.

N

Noxx

there is a slight red alert here... Ain't it against the terms and conditions of vendors to re-sell licenses?

Please ensure you first check EULA and related T&C
Also I would contact Malwarebytes staff to verify if it is against the rules or not, specially since its involving Lifetime Licenses...

The only indication I see that the seller coordinated with the vendor is because of the "they will honor this lifetime license" despite the fact they no longer sell them comment. The "lifetime" aspect of this deal is the only thing that's appealing about this potential deal. Otherwise it makes SO much more sense to just go with the official vendor. I see no harm in just contacting Malwarebytes to be sure.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Valid point. I will avoid MBAM Premium. And what about Anit Exploit deal? It does look like a official seller.
The Anti exploit seller has only (8) positive feedback in a year.What bothers me is he sold Workstation 12 licenses which are volume(lifetime) licenses that could have been obtained for free.Personally I would be skeptical but the choice is yours.

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Honestly I would only buy license keys from the manufactures website as then you know its legit. The eBay ones might be legit but it will more than likely be against their code of reselling.

Reactions: aamoos
H

hjlbx

Many security soft vendors will not honor their dissatisfaction, money-back guarantee if the soft is purchased from a 3rd party. In the end, if you want a refund, you'll have to take it up with the seller directly.

As with all 3rd party software purchases... Caveat Emptor = buyer beware.

There's always some risk that you will get "rooked."

Reactions: aamoos
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.