Light + efficient suite

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I forgot I was using ESET, Didn't notice or feel it running on my system at all.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
agree with you. At this time, I use it too.
large, Impressed with the level of detection, which has been I test yesterday.

Cheers MrXidus.

P

Plexx

Lets wait and see what the OP feedback is after testing ESET although he has 6 months subscription.

Lindrian

Thread author
Sep 8, 2011
Well so far its quite nice. Hasnt bugged me too much. The firewall seems to be a bit on the low end, it triggers on stupid stuff like local connections etc at times but its all good.

Only thing annoying me is the HIPS which I have to configure for every single thing I do. Super annoying.

P

Plexx

Lindrian said:
Well so far its quite nice. Hasnt bugged me too much. The firewall seems to be a bit on the low end, it triggers on stupid stuff like local connections etc at times but its all good.

Only thing annoying me is the HIPS which I have to configure for every single thing I do. Super annoying.

You can simply modify HIPS settings to Learning mode for a few days as I said before. It will learn everything and when you feel comfortable, change the settings to interactive mode. Note that I have not yet tested Policy mode.

Note if you want a good firewall and HIPS, CIS is your answer. Hope this helps.

Lindrian

Thread author
Sep 8, 2011
biozfear said:
Lindrian said:

You can simply modify HIPS settings to Learning mode for a few days as I said before. It will learn everything and when you feel comfortable, change the settings to interactive mode. Note that I have not yet tested Policy mode.

I really don't like CIS. Last time I used it (version 5) it magically uninstalled itself (malware perhaps?) and I tried to speak with their tech support but their knowledge was less than a new born. So I'm actually trying to avoid CIS for now. Plus, it kept sandboxing and automatically disallowing trusted and known applications. It was a pain tbh.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Lindrian said:
biozfear said:
Lindrian said:

I really don't like CIS. Last time I used it (version 5) it magically uninstalled itself (malware perhaps?) and I tried to speak with their tech support but their knowledge was less than a new born. So I'm actually trying to avoid CIS for now. Plus, it kept sandboxing and automatically disallowing trusted and known applications. It was a pain tbh.

5.8 is very stable on my machine. If you install it, answer the alerts and then it's done. I don't get pop ups but I don't install/uninstall day and night. Give it a second try otherwise I suggest you install KIS (kaspersky) or NIS (Norton)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
and, Comodo Antivirus makes me impressed with my test result.
my test on this thread: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Detection-Test-Panda-Cloud-Free-vs-AVG-free-vs-Comodo-Antivirus-by-winsevenholic-me

give it a try, Lindrian. :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
win7holic said:
my test on this thread: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Detection-Test-Panda-Cloud-Free-vs-AVG-free-vs-Comodo-Antivirus-by-winsevenholic-me

The OP has only just switched to ESET. I think it would be a wise idea for him/her to try it for a week at the very least :rolleyes:

Lindrian

Thread author
Sep 8, 2011
win7holic said:

I'll give it a shot if eset disappoints me :)

D

Deleted member 178

Tom172 said:
Surely you're not saying to add Panda Cloud alongside ESET?

no i meant Panda as single antivirus. its removal capacity are quite good. Removed some worms when MBAM and HMP failed.

Lindrian

Thread author
Sep 8, 2011
Intersting... This test made me change my mind about ESET: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/removal/avc_removal_2011.pdf

P

Plexx

Lindrian said:
Intersting... This test made me change my mind about ESET: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/removal/avc_removal_2011.pdf

You could always switch to Norton Internet Security or Norton Anti Virus 2012 if it is the removal rate that you are more concerned, or simply add the following tools as on demand scan and removal tools while using ESET:

Toolbox in USB:

*Kaspersky TDSSKiller;
*CCE (official version);
*Hitman Pro;
*Malware Bytes Anti-Malware (free version);
*GMER;
*Norton Power Eraser;
*Emsisoft Emergency Kit;

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well if your looking light and ease to use and you might try Norton any time. This product gave so many positive reviews at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.