Advice Request Lightest complete suite

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
McAfee is a pretty solid option if you're looking for a lightweight security suite. You can find the licenses pretty cheap :)
suites like McAfee , F-Secure Norton and many others relay heavily on online scanning which in fact ( although i am not a geek or tech guy) i would not trust that much. I know that you gain a lot of speed and lightness but it is somehow risky to gain speed and vulnerability. I had an incident a few weeks ago with a virus that neither Norton nor G-Data could not handle without internet connection . Avast could ( i hate Avast)

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

suites like McAfee , F-Secure Norton and many others relay heavily on online scanning which in fact ( although i am not a geek or tech guy) i would not trust that much. I know that you gain a lot of speed and lightness but it is somehow risky to gain speed and vulnerability. I had an incident a few weeks ago with a virus that neither Norton nor G-Data could not handle without internet connection . Avast could ( i hate Avast)
I’m sorry that you’ve had this experience and yes, Avast has good detection and removal. I have an assumption on why you hate them, but they have taken action.
However, these cases of product A doing the job and product B failing happen all time with various products in place. So it’s not really set in stone that GData and Norton “won’t remove threats without connection” and Avast always will.

I also don’t know what kind of threat it was, but you were speaking about USBs on another thread. File infectors and ransomware typically spread via USBs and both cause a disaster if not prevented.

Last edited by a moderator:

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I've been running the new Bitdefender Total Security for a few months now, and i must say I'm really impressed. There have been no system slow downs what so ever, no problems with the antivirus. I have to go in the system tray once in awhile to hit update or show to make sure Bitdefender was working. There was a update today i had to restart my machine. Anybody hear of any changes?

Last edited:

MegenM

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
I've been running the new Bitdefender Total Security for a few months now, and i must say I'm really impressed. There have been no system slow downs what so ever, no problems with the antivirus. I have to go in the system tray once in awhile to hit update or show to make sure Bitdefender was working. There was a update today i had to restart my machine. Anybody hear of any changes?
I use Bitdefender Total Security. No such issues at my end. I am getting regular updates as usual.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This is not about demanding games, but false positives from Deepguard.

Plus is clear you taking this personally and going off topic at this point, what I stated is pretty much common sense.

F-Secure has known issues with Games, and is bad advise to suggest it in a Gaming Rig for an average user, which when faced with the issue won't know what to do nor what happened.

I personally ran into issues while using F-Secure myself, in which Deepguard detected one of my games as malware (no warnings from F-Secure), Steam itself throws the error 51 (which is an access violation error), there's more than enough topics about this on the Steam Community (on multiple games) which helped me figure out that Deepguard was causing the issue
This has never happened with any other AV so far, and I hope you not trying to blame my PC for an issue with the Behaviour Blocker, I'm one of the lucky few that can play the latest Cyberpunk game on max settings and stable framerate.
Not sure how F-Secure was in the past, but I didn't have any trouble launching at least 89 games out of 364 total games in my Steam Library while using the latest trial version of F-Secure. Not a big sample to come into a certain conclusion, but still a healthy one I guess. I tried on certain non Steam freeware games as well as I've had to review freeware games in recent past, that came out fine as well.

Issues might have probably been fixed or maybe I was just lucky, will have to see how it works, but my experience has been really good so far.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi @russ0408 there was a program update for Bitdefender Total Security(and other versions)today, and you are right, it demanded to reboot your system.
I have not any idea about how often program updates occur, but definitions updates are several times a day, sometimes every two hours. :) (y)

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015

Bitdefender Total Security 2020 25.0.10.52 (Program update)
but no changelog

Antivirus Downloads (softpedia.com)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.