32Gb RAM (2x16)
2080 Ti 11Gb

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Changed F-Secure SAFE to Dr.Web Security Space since F-Secure stopped customer services to Iran due to sanctions ( in fact the only company that give customer services to Iran right now is Dr.Web & Emsisoft ) so.. it was pretty much the main reason yeah

Last edited by a moderator:

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Changed F-Secure SAFE to Dr.Web Security Space since F-Secure stopped customer services to Iran due to sanctions ( in fact the only company that give customer services to Iran right now is Dr.Web ) so.. it was pretty much the main reason yeah
By customer services you refer to cloud/virus definitions updates or just the technical support

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
By customer services you refer to cloud/virus definitions updates or just the technical support
US and UK based ones (Norton Bullguard McAfee Comodo Sophos ) both . no support no updates
however other ones like F-Secure ESET Kaspersky no technical support ( IF they figure it out that you're from Iran )
Avira AVAST AVG no support no update we can't even go to their website

it seems that US threatened the companies at least F-Secure Customer Service say so:
ff.PNG
> and breaking those rules results in strict actions and sanctions against the company itself.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
US and UK based ones (Norton Bullguard McAfee Comodo Sophos ) both . no support no updates
however other ones like F-Secure ESET Kaspersky no technical support ( IF they figure it out that you're from Iran )
Avira AVAST AVG no support no update we can't even go to their website

it seems that US threatened the companies at least F-Secure Customer Service say so:
View attachment 239419
> and breaking those rules results in strict actions and sanctions against the company itself.
Are you able to download Windows and Defender updates from Iran? If yes you can use WD with ConfigureDefender in case you need a free AV nor Dr Web stops selling products to Iran.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
somehow yes we are able to get Updates for windows in Iran

i prefer Dr.Web for now and it's working great
but if they decide to stop selling products to Iran too then i'll have to switch to ConfigureDefender i guess

Thanks;)

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Dr. Web is Russian, yes? They won't abandon Iran. 🤔
no they don't but not because they are Russian, i believe its because they literally have no Customer in US so they don't care about US market
Kaspersky however care about US market so they chose to not lose that. just like any other company which is not fair but completely logical
marketing matters

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
It's not about customers it's because Dr. Web is in almost every institutions in Russia...Iran in other hand they never use USA software because political in that country if the day will come for Iran to install USA software, that country will not name Iran anymore :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Follows advice which you have done and not seen Dr.Web in years! How's it doing for you?

~LDogg
i like the fact that they are working monitoring researching stuff all the time
they keep improving Dr.Web engines their technologies are great they added privacy friendly features like webcam and microphone monitoring
still offering 24/7 tech support and it is an important matter for me, however as it used to be, the Doc is just so local and locked itself in Russia borders and it isn't really a global cybersecurity company, it is a Russian "antivirus" provider as they call themselves this way
but still i have been a customer of alot of global and bigger companies and most of them don't provide 24/7 tech support or if they do they are not really 24/7 especially their LABS, Doc' LABS seems really 24/7 no matter when you need a virus removal or undetected sample analysis
it can be weekends or a working day you'll get the response in 12 hours or less in my experience

so yep pretty much that's it

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
i like the fact that they are working monitoring researching stuff 24/7
they keep improving Dr.Web engines their technologies are great they added privacy friendly features like webcam and microphone monitoring
still offering 24/7 tech support and it is an important matter for me, however as it used to be, the Doc is just so local and locked itself in Russia borders and it isn't really a global cybersecurity company, it is a Russian "antivirus" provider as they call themselves this way
but still i have been a customer of alot of global and bigger companies and most of them don't provide 24/7 tech support or if they do they are not really 24/7 especially their LABS, Doc' LABS seems really 24/7 no matter when you need a virus removal or undetected sample analysis
it can be weekends or a working day you'll get the response in 12 hours or less in my experience

so yep pretty much that's it
Sounds a decent experience to me for sure.

~LDogg

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Changed F-Secure SAFE to Dr.Web Security Space since F-Secure stopped customer services to Iran due to sanctions ( in fact the only company that give customer services to Iran right now is Dr.Web ) so.. it was pretty much the main reason yeah
Replaced Dr.Web SS with Emsisoft Anti-Malware
added Emsisoft Browser Security extension
Changed Dr.Web Firewall to the Windows Defender Firewall using WFC by Binisoft(MalwareBytes)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Replaced Dr.Web SS with Emsisoft Anti-Malware
added Emsisoft Browser Security extension
Changed Dr.Web Firewall to the Windows Defender Firewall using WFC by Binisoft(MalwareBytes)
haven't used Emsisoft recently.
I remember it being a little overrated.
But it's BB is pretty strong but not sure how it compares to the competition which had significant improvements over the years.
Btw how light it is ?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
I remember it being a little overrated.
in my experience the company itself is overrated specially their customer service, i've already sent some feedbacks to them about the their customer services and they it seems do care.

their BB is one of the best behavior blockers in the market i believe. it is as strong as SONAR DeepGuard might be better in some cases, Anti Phishing is very good and reliable. the ram usage is about 300-400 mb which is normal IMO i don't really care about ram usage etc..
recently i had an infected with Emsisoft on my system but that was my own fault, i did turned off the real time protection in Shadow Defender to test the BB against a sample called MEMZ or Nyan Cat and it failed. i had to reinstall windows cause i could not boot, i've tried Kaspersky Rescue disk to repair or disinfect but it could not disinfect it i don't know why maybe infection was too deep so yep i had to reinstall, i've already opened a case about it and they are on it and they are promissing :unsure:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
in my experience the company itself is overrated specially their customer service, i've already sent some feedbacks to them about the their customer services and they it seems do care.

their BB is one of the best behavior blockers in the market i believe. it is as strong as SONAR DeepGuard might be better in some cases, Anti Phishing is very good and reliable. the ram usage is about 300-400 mb which is normal IMO i don't really care about ram usage etc..
recently i had an infected with Emsisoft on my system but that was my own fault, i did turned off the real time protection in Shadow Defender to test the BB against a sample called MEMZ or Nyan Cat and it failed. i had to reinstall windows cause i could not boot, i've tried Kaspersky Rescue disk to repair or disinfect but it could not disinfect it i don't know why maybe infection was too deep so yep i had to reinstall, i've already opened a case about it and they are on it and they are promissing :unsure:
No way a meme/joke malware bypassed shadow defender.
Didn't you make sure it was running?
You have good specs set up a VM next time.

Reactions: Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.