LikeNEWPC Software - Fix Disabled, Badly Infected & Slow Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Code:
 http://www.likenewpc.net/

LOL... it is just evidence that there are a lot of users out there that just don't know any better.

After all, would the scammer even bother if they had no hope of scamming people out of their hard-earned cash?

You just know some people will purchase it...

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
So from what I can gather, if you run this software and it fixes (or breaks) your system, not paying will result in a dysfunctional system. Kind of like ransomware. That's the vibe I get off of what the site says anyway.

screenshot_186.png

I'll pass on the advice. I have a few rules I follow. One including if I can not run a piece of software in a VM, I consider it to be malicious in some way. Exceptions apply such as video card drivers. Whether or not this can be run in a VM is another story. Not running in sandbox also raises a red flag.

N

Noxx

Thread author
So from what I can gather, if you run this software and it fixes (or breaks) your system, not paying will result in a dysfunctional system. Kind of like ransomware. That's the vibe I get off of what the site says anyway.

screenshot_186.png

I'll pass on the advice. I have a few rules I follow. One including if I can not run a piece of software in a VM, I consider it to be malicious in some way. Exceptions apply such as video card drivers. Whether or not this can be run in a VM is another story. Not running in sandbox also raises a red flag.

I didn't even notice that part. Smells terrible! :rolleyes:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Good read, I came to verdict that you shouldn't try this software, unless you want to help the developers improve it.
Indeed. That seems to be the case since it was stated it was in beta.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Good read, I came to verdict that you shouldn't try this software, unless you want to help the developers improve it.

Yep, I just came across the thread the other day, thought I might post it. My intent was to pass along information, I certainly would not use it. There may be someone who does and has success. Who knows.

BobWing

Mar 15, 2016
Hi,

My name is Bob Wing CEO of PCPinpoint Technologies, Inc. we are the makers of LikeNEWPC. Our product fixes disabled, badly infected and slow windows computers. It is not a scam product like the ones you mention in this forum. In reality it is the exact opposite. It takes 4-8 hours to run as it runs 12 different operations to thoroughly fix your computer. It has 5 system level operations that repair boot, MBR, files, removal of corrupt or unwanted programs etc. The other 7 are Virus/Malware/Rootkit scans as well as windows repairs. When you complete a run of LikeNEWPC we have fixes or checked most problems your PC could have. Please check it out for yourself and realize we are not marketing folks but engineers. We have done the best we can on the website and are making changes the community wishes. We come in Peace and we do really work!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello @BobWing

I read through the topic at BC, but wasn't convinced about needing to use your software services. :)

Do your services work in an offline environment?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Terrible design and very common mischievous tactics.

Even the novice user will prefer to reformat the system rather install any applications that will just annoy you to pay their removal feature.

N

Noxx

Thread author
Hi,

My name is Bob Wing CEO of PCPinpoint Technologies, Inc. we are the makers of LikeNEWPC. Our product fixes disabled, badly infected and slow windows computers. It is not a scam product like the ones you mention in this forum. In reality it is the exact opposite. It takes 4-8 hours to run as it runs 12 different operations to thoroughly fix your computer. It has 5 system level operations that repair boot, MBR, files, removal of corrupt or unwanted programs etc. The other 7 are Virus/Malware/Rootkit scans as well as windows repairs. When you complete a run of LikeNEWPC we have fixes or checked most problems your PC could have. Please check it out for yourself and realize we are not marketing folks but engineers. We have done the best we can on the website and are making changes the community wishes. We come in Peace and we do really work!

No offense, but I feel like I just read the transcript of a MyCleanPC commercial (the name is even a marketing gimmick...). There are clear indications in this thread that people have concerns regarding the usefulness of this product. In light of your response, I can't help but feel I'm in of those situations where I'm trying to get to the bottom of something with tech support on the phone, and instead of getting direct answers to my concerns, I get 30 minutes of dancing around the problem.

Edit: I just want to point out a quick tidbit from your website:

"Your input and interaction is minimal." this is a very scary prospect, particularly for a program that basically takes over your computer and does a bunch of scans and repairs in a controlled environment where you basically have no means to know what's happening. If nothing else, the claims are vast, but I see very little to support the notion that I should be comfortable or hopeful that any of it will come to fruition. Suffice it to say, I don't trust this program, at all, and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobWing

Mar 15, 2016
No offense, but I feel like I just read the transcript of a MyCleanPC commercial (the name is even a marketing gimmick...). There are clear indications in this thread that people have concerns regarding the usefulness of this product. In light of your response, I can't help but feel I'm in of those situations where I'm trying to get to the bottom of something with tech support on the phone, and instead of getting direct answers to my concerns, I get 30 minutes of dancing around the problem.

Edit: I just want to point out a quick tidbit from your website:

"Your input and interaction is minimal." this is a very scary prospect, particularly for a program that basically takes over your computer and does a bunch of scans and repairs in a controlled environment where you basically have no means to know what's happening. If nothing else, the claims are vast, but I see very little to support the notion that I should be comfortable or hopeful that any of it will come to fruition. Suffice it to say, I don't trust this program, at all, and I'll leave it at that.

LikeNEWPC is designed so that anyone can fix their badly infected and disabled computer. Most of these devices are sat aside or headed to landfills. The reason most are still in the garage is that folks have their stuff on them. We allow up to 85% of these broken computers to be fixed and even have a recovery utility so folks can get their pics and files off. Why the tech world has attacked us as a virus or worse is confusing???? Most people are throwing these computers out, we are helping them recycle them.

Reactions: roger_m

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
People, don't waste your time with this, it is nothing but snake oil. I have tested this out on multiple systems, it takes forever to run and does absolutely nothing for your system, I'll give it four thumbs up for a time waster though!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.