Not open for further replies.

jim lin

Level 8
Thread author
Aug 6, 2012
Linux Lite V2 has been released 6/01/14

https://www.linuxliteos.com/

Description

Linux Lite is a simple to use, free operating system for everyone.

By producing an easy to use Linux based Operating System, we hope that people will discover just how simple it can be to use Linux Lite.

Linux Lite is free for everyone to use and share, and suitable for people who are new to Linux or for people who want a lightweight environment that is also fully functional.

Linux Lite comes with a Web Browser, Email, a Music & Movie player, CD/DVD Burner, Office Suite, Voice Chat, Photo Editor, Network Access Tools, Printing/Scanning & the Linux Lite Help Manual.

Linux Lite is based on the Ubuntu LTS series. There are 4 Linux Lite releases per LTS release. The following software included: GParted, LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Calc, XFBurn CD/DVD Burner,
VLC Media Player, Firefox Web Browser with Flash, OpenJDK Java, Steam, Mumble Voice Chat, Thunderbird Email, XChat IRC Client, Gimp Image Editor, Leafpad Text Editor, Xarchiver, Lite User Manager,Lite Software Center.

i'v been using Linux Lite v1 for over a year in Virtualbox and it runs great i'v been trying deferent flavors of Linux for use on some of my old Win Xp Boxes and so far this is the one i'm liking based on Ubuntu LTS but lighter than some of the others i'v tryed

give it a try

:)

James

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
yes it is, like KaptainBug said....btw thanks Jim lin .. and have a nice Sunday to All member MT also to everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.