Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Trusted
Verified
Linux Mint said:
The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 12 KDE.

New features at a glance:

KDE 4.7.4
Hybrid ISO images
Search engines
Upstream components
Read More: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1927

McLovin

Level 73
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
RE: Linux Mint 12 KDE RC Released!

When getting this if I'm able to put 4 GB to the VM with Linux Mint do I have to get 64 bit like Windows?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Trusted
Verified

McLovin said:
When getting this if I'm able to put 4 GB to the VM with Linux Mint do I have to get 64 bit like Windows?
Yes, you can install a 32-bit or 64-bit Mint in a VM if you have the host OS as 64-bit or 32-bit.

Sorry if I understood your question wrong.

McLovin

Level 73
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified

Okay, what I am meaning is that since I know that with Windows if you have a 64 bit system you have to have 4 GB and more, does this apply to Linux Mint?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Trusted
Verified

McLovin said:
Okay, what I am meaning is that since I know that with Windows if you have a 64 bit system you have to have 4 GB and more, does this apply to Linux Mint?
I think it does, as it happened with me after upgrading the RAM when I was an Ubuntu 11.04 user. It recognised it as 2.9GB instead of 3.8GB. After using a 64-bit Linux it's now recognised as 3.8GB.

anitac

I don't know that there is a minimum amount of RAM for a 64 bit system. It would just mean that the less RAM you have the more the system would need to use swap/pagefile, of course. I use Windows 64-bit and Linux 64-bit on 3GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.