Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Linux Mint said:
The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 12 KDE.

lisa.png

New features at a glance:

KDE 4.7.4
Hybrid ISO images
Search engines
Upstream components

Read More: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1927

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Linux Mint 12 KDE RC Released!

When getting this if I'm able to put 4 GB to the VM with Linux Mint do I have to get 64 bit like Windows?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

McLovin said:
When getting this if I'm able to put 4 GB to the VM with Linux Mint do I have to get 64 bit like Windows?

Yes, you can install a 32-bit or 64-bit Mint in a VM if you have the host OS as 64-bit or 32-bit.

Sorry if I understood your question wrong.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Okay, what I am meaning is that since I know that with Windows if you have a 64 bit system you have to have 4 GB and more, does this apply to Linux Mint?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

McLovin said:
Okay, what I am meaning is that since I know that with Windows if you have a 64 bit system you have to have 4 GB and more, does this apply to Linux Mint?

I think it does, as it happened with me after upgrading the RAM when I was an Ubuntu 11.04 user. It recognised it as 2.9GB instead of 3.8GB. After using a 64-bit Linux it's now recognised as 3.8GB.

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know that there is a minimum amount of RAM for a 64 bit system. It would just mean that the less RAM you have the more the system would need to use swap/pagefile, of course. I use Windows 64-bit and Linux 64-bit on 3GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.