Linux (Ubuntu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I am going to begin toying around with Ubuntu via ISO. Any comments about pros and cons relative to my potential exodus to Linux will be much appreciated. My biggest concern is whether I can still use Linksys for my wireless internet software while on Linux.

What AV's and other security software options do I have with Ubuntu? Behavior blockers? Sandboxie? Is any worth while security product supported by Ubuntu?

sandra

Sep 20, 2012
ZOU1 said:
I am going to begin toying around with Ubuntu via ISO. Any comments about pros and cons relative to my potential exodus to Linux will be much appreciated. My biggest concern is whether I can still use Linksys for my wireless internet software while on Linux.

What AV's and other security software options do I have with Ubuntu? Behavior blockers? Sandboxie? Is any worth while security product supported by Ubuntu?

I've Ubuntu 12.04 installed on a stand alone machine. Although it's not connected up to the internet, I was able to find out all the info I needed to do so on their very active and helpful Community forum.

I use this machine as a tester. I also install Ubuntu onto anyone's computer whose product key fails to pass muster with microsoft, and again, any problems with internet etc., I go to the Community forum.

I put my hands up and admit I haven't any protection on this computer, so I cannot offer any opinions on av's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.