all antiviruses

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I`m interested to create a list, which av is registered in the security center immediately after booting without any delay.

I know that follows av`s are immediately registrated at the security center:

- windows defender
-panda dome

could you please continue the list? :)

Last edited:

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Thats not true. There is a delay after booting. Tested with F-Secure Safe 18.1 and Kaspersky SCF.
Hmm, as far as I could tell Kaspersky SCF did do that for me, and I will reboot to see about Ziggo Online Safe then. ( It is F-Secure Safe, just re-branded by F-Secure for my ISP provider. )

EDIT: Hmm you are correct, there is a delay with F-Secure? ( And as such also Ziggo Safe Online. ) I seem to remember that 17.9 did not have this delay, but version 18.0 has the delay you mentioned? ( It still needs to be updated to 18.1 for my ISP provider before I get the new version. )

Last edited:
Reactions: amico81

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I`m interested to create a list, which av is registered in the security center immediately after booting without any delay.
I thought that antiviruses were just registered once in Windows Security Center, and that was done when you install them. That's why sometimes if an antivirus fails to cleanly uninstall, it may still be registered in Windows Security Center.

Reactions: Nevi

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
no i believe that windows checks at every start if there is a second antivirus. thats the reason why it takes a long time for register kaspersky after booting.
kaspersky (and many others) has a slow start of all their modules (the protection modules are instantly ready).
windows does this check to reactive the windows defender at start. protection wise it´s a good process to do this

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The AVs I've tested recently, kind of all seems to have a delay on registering itself in the security center. I guess there's some valid reason behind it.
Like you noticed, it's correct that Panda (I checked the Free version only) don't have any delay. Panda is a bit different from the rest though. It's probably the only mainstream AV out there that still works on Windows XP. Maybe they do things differently. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad.
I think Avira Free also don't have any delay. I don't remember it particularly well, so I could be wrong. You may check by installing it in a VM. There's an up to date offline installer available for it (I have the link) which installs only the AV excluding all the bloatware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.