List of Interesting Experimental Flags for Google Chrome to Try Out

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
Also reduce the insecure cipher suites.
This Command Line Switch does not work in Chromium / Edge.
You can add to the command above the following line for Chrome.
The command line switch leaves only one insecure cipher suite active:

-cipher-suite-blacklist=0x002F,0x0035,0x000A,0x009C,0xC014,0x009D

Test

P.S.

If any of your websites not works, just start Chrome (from Start :)) or enable a subsequent insecure cipher suite
You will notice that the command line switch following the previous one differs from the one proposed by the Peter Beverloo List.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Its safe to enable this flags:

1 .Cookies without SameSite must be secure
-If enabled, cookies without SameSite restrictions must also be Secure. If a cookie without SameSite restrictions is set without the Secure attribute, it will be rejected. This flag only has an effect if "SameSite by default cookies" is also enabled. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android.

2. SameSite by default cookies
- Treat cookies that don't specify a SameSite attribute as if they were SameSite=Lax. Sites must specify SameSite=None in order to enable third-party usage. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android.

Find it in Brave.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Its safe to enable this flags:

1 .Cookies without SameSite must be secure
-If enabled, cookies without SameSite restrictions must also be Secure. If a cookie without SameSite restrictions is set without the Secure attribute, it will be rejected. This flag only has an effect if "SameSite by default cookies" is also enabled. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android.

2. SameSite by default cookies
- Treat cookies that don't specify a SameSite attribute as if they were SameSite=Lax. Sites must specify SameSite=None in order to enable third-party usage. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android.

Find it in Brave.

Yes. And it's easy to revert if you were to run into a problem.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
My Guess is that the AppContainer sandbox limitations provided problems for the recently updated file API. Some users might have noticed a new Site Permission called File editing.

1591354423585.png

Now the new API is implemented, the Q1 Quarterly update seems to hint on a revival of AppContainer.

1591353950391.png

Maybe Chromium developers/insiders can shed some light on this intriguing line of information.

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Google launches Chrome extensions checkup experiment

Whether it is coincidence or a result of this report, Google has released a new experiment in Chrome 83 called 'Extensions Checkup'.

When enabled, this experiment will display information boxes at the top of the chrome://extensions page or as a small message at the bottom of New Tab Pages that try to educate users about the risks of using browser extensions.

To enable this experiment in Chrome 83, go to chrome://flags and search for 'extensions checkup'. When the experiment appears, you can select one of the 'Enabled' options to start displaying these educational alerts.

More information

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
New Extensions Menu Button

Starting with Chrome 83, all extensions are now managed through one single button on the Chrome toolbar, rather than having their own buttons. This is to save some real estate for the address bar. Users will still be able to pin their favorite extensions to the Chrome toolbar, but all newly installed extensions will first appear under the new extensions "puzzle" icon going forward.

Go to chrome://flags and enable Extensions Toolbar Menu

1592696719012.png

More new features in Chrome 83 here

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
If you set to disable "Extensions Toolbar Menu" disappears but if you set to enabled or default it appears, so it is enabled by default.

Well I didn't do anything in Chrome even i dont use it i'm using Firefox atm i use chrome for test/check whats new in thats it when i see that new extensions as HarBor posted it i thought i would check in Chrome it says its up to date i didn't see the toolbar menu so i went to the flags list it says its disabled i had to enable it....

Reactions: [correlate]

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yes in Brave it's disabled by default but in Chrome it's enabled by default. I don't really see the need for it unless you want to hide extensions.
If you have many extensions you can hide those which does NOT show blocking indicators. eg I don't care about cookies, Keyboard Privacy etc. Examples of those extensions which show blocking are uBO, ClearURLS, Decentraleyes etc. and those you need to fiddle (eg Dark Reader) you can leave them on the toolbar. It's similar to a built-in feature in FF whereby those addons WITHOUT blocking indicators can be moved to be hidden in a drop down menu.

If you only have 4 or 5 extensions then you don't need this flag

Last edited:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
If you have many extensions you can hide those which does NOT show blocking indicators. eg I don't care about cookies, CSS Exfil Protection, Keyboard Privacy etc. Examples of those extensions which show blocking are uBO, ClearURLS, Decentraleyes etc. and those you need to fiddle (eg Dark Reader) you can leave them on the toolbar. It's similar to a built-in feature in FF whereby those addons WITHOUT blocking indicators can be moved to be hidden in a drop down menu.

If you only have 4 or 5 extensions then you don't need this flag
Like I said unless you want to hide extensions. All my extensions has blocking indicators except h264ify so it's useless for me, and CSS Exfil Protection has blocking indicator.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Like I said unless you want to hide extensions. All my extensions has blocking indicators except h264ify so it's useless for me, and CSS Exfil Protection has blocking indicator.
Yup, you are right about CSS Exfil Protection which can be tested below

Above post edited

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.