Living in an Ad-Free World, would you?

Y

yigido

We need non-tracker & non-malicious ads. Why we block all?
For me, the answer is, the ads makes sites look awful. I cannot see the real content many of time. There are very and many annoying ads on some pages I use. I do not know they are tracking me or infecting me.
If you are a novice, some f*cking ads tell you "Update your media player or flash player" with big shiny download.
then 300KB malware downloaded. You think that it is just media player patch. Install it because your default Windows Defender does not block PUP/PUA. Yayy! You are infected. Then you lost your trust on internet etc..
What we have to do? We have to force advertisers to a good way like a shepherd.

I think EFF found the solution for this. The Privacy Badger!
Because Privacy Badger using EFF's DNT Policy. Please read : Understanding EFF’s Do Not Track Policy: A Universal Opt-Out From Tracking
If you want to block all go and use uBlock Origin. People should respect those guys are blocking all ads!
If you want to feed internet with ads and 'you do not want to track" please please only use Privacy Badger!

People misunderstand me. I am here to block all ads which tracker, malicious. Most of the websites now using their self-promotion ads. They are not coming from Adsense. So adblocker cannot block them. (Adguard doesn't want to block self-promote ads)

After these reads, how many of you guys thinking to uninstall adblocker on their browser? and Will you only use Privacy Badger?

Thanks,
yigido

Quent

Level 1
Aug 10, 2016
Nowadays advertisement loses power. Nevertheless, it attracts our attention by memorable slogan or melody, pictorial banners. Advertisement agencies should not be underestimated. So I think that AD will survive and even shift gears diffusing its pressure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.