App Review LMT Anti-Malware 6.0 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the LMT test!
LMT is a Vietnamese anti-malware software developed by @LeMinhThanh
Based on Cloud IA, Yara, VirusTotal and its own engine (CutDock), LMT offers several defensive shields, very flexible!
You can choose the shields you want to use to protect yourself.
For the test, I activated everything + VirusTotal + YARA + CutDock + Encoder.

On the Web, LMT proves its efficiency by making almost a faultless performance.
A Trojan managed to install itself without detection.

On the pack, I find the scanner rather slow and average.
It knows how to detect assemblers, packers and uses the ClamAV database to detect threats.
At runtime, LMT catches all threats thanks to VirusTotal, too bad the scanner doesn't benefit from it, but I think it must be done not to overload the connection, the server and the VirusTotal API.

On the other hand, there is still work to be done on detecting unknown threats. Origami was able to install itself without any reaction. I had enabled HIPS, but I didn't see any alert, because no default rule is defined!
Too bad.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : Not tested
Malware URL test : 9/10 (1 undetected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 319 out of 647 files. LMT block all files by VirusTotal
Origami : 0/1 => PC blocked !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.