LMT AntiMalware

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
@LMT I'm finding 5.7.5 periodically freeze my computer with high cpu usage. Returning to 5.7.4 don't have that freezing period. Either Kaspersky app control causing that problem since I have forced trust LMT or the new USB scan feature could be a problem. WiseVector was disable to make sure that it wasn't conflicting either.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
@LMT I'm finding 5.7.5 periodically freeze my computer with high cpu usage. Returning to 5.7.4 don't have that freezing period. Either Kaspersky app control causing that problem since I have forced trust LMT or the new USB scan feature could be a problem. WiseVector was disable to make sure that it wasn't conflicting either.
Hi, I don't think USB drive scan feature is causing the problem. Do you turn on LMT AntiMalware's realtime protection? I think it's most likely a conflict with Kaspersky. Can you try adding LMT AntiMalware to Kaspersky's exclusion list or turn off LMT AntiMalware's realtime protection to see if you still meet that error?

Last edited:

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Hi, I don't think USB drive scan feature is causing the problem. Do you turn on LMT AntiMalware's realtime protection? I think it's most likely a conflict with Kaspersky. Can you try adding LMT AntiMalware to Kaspersky's exclusion list or turn off LMT AntiMalware's realtime protection to see if you still meet that error?
I did add the LMT to Kaspersky's Application Module as a trusted app. It my take few days before KSN give it good reputation. Right now, Kaspersky is constantly monitoring LMT and that could be causing the periodical freeze. I don't know exactly but did pinpointed it could be Kaspersky or the new usb features since both have scanning tasks. I wait for few more days and reinstall 5.7.5 to see if it's clear up.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You can add even K. Application Control exclusions for LMT...

Enabling some of these exclusions for LMT:

1630394728940.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8 released
Changelog:
  • After 543 days since the first version, LMT AntiMalware has finally been digitally signed. Many thanks to the sponsors around the world for buying coffee for me :coffee: .
  • Web Protection: Added support syntax: @@||domain.com to add domain to exclusion list.
Homepage: LMT AntiMalware
1631015183841.png

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8 released
Changelog:
  • After 543 days since the first version, LMT AntiMalware has finally been digitally signed. Many thanks to the sponsors around the world for buying coffee for me :coffee: .
  • Web Protection: Added support syntax: @@||domain.com to add domain to exclusion list.
Homepage: LMT AntiMalware
That's great news! Congratulations!
Does your software register in Windows Security Center and replace Defender?

And this is just my wish, but I really like how modular Avast is, as you can pick which components you'd like to install. For example, I have no need for another web protection since I already Adguard.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Does your software register in Windows Security Center and replace Defender?
No, I have no plans for this.
And this is just my wish, but I really like how modular Avast is, as you can pick which components you'd like to install. For example, I have no need for another web protection since I already Adguard.
I think my software is not as complicated as Avast, if you don't want to use Web Protection, you can just disable that feature as well as WinDivvert driver.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Today I tested with 2 VPN software: NordVPN and Cloudflare WARP.
LMT AntiMalware works well with NordVPN, it can interfere and block access to phishing sites.
Not with Cloudflare WARP because Cloudflare WARP uses WinDivert, like LMT AntiMalware :rolleyes:
1631275186298.png

Last edited:

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
@LMT does LMT scan files or processes that previous have been scan as safe. Only scanning new items will help reduce resource usage on the PC. So far so good, LMT is playing nice with kaspersky and using daily.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
@LMT does LMT scan files or processes that previous have been scan as safe. Only scanning new items will help reduce resource usage on the PC. So far so good, LMT is playing nice with kaspersky and using daily.
Yes, if a process is already scanned and safe, real-time protection won't scan it again.
I'm using it with Kaspersky too :)

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Today I tested with 2 VPN software: NordVPN and Cloudflare WARP.
LMT AntiMalware works well with NordVPN, it can interfere and block access to phishing sites.
Not with Cloudflare WARP because Cloudflare WARP uses WinDivert, like LMT AntiMalware :rolleyes:
View attachment 260506
Work with IPVanish and Mullvad in my VM 😉
WARP not work :/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.