Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi!
This update was necessary to resolves potential program crashes.
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.1 released
Changelog:
  • CuteDuck engine: Added support for .RTF and .LNK file.
  • Fixed: Resolves potential program crashes.
Homepage: LMT AntiMalware

Hello :)

CuteDuck is ClamAV engine ?
Have you foreseen that the antivirus scans a modified, created or moved file, not only in exécution? :)

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hello :)

CuteDuck is ClamAV engine ?
Have you foreseen that the antivirus scans a modified, created or moved file, not only in exécution? :)
Hello, CuteDuck is my in-house engine, it only uses ClamAV database and Bazaar database.
By default, LMT AntiMalware only scans PE files when they launch. If you enable this option, LMT AntiMalware will scan when they are created, modified or moved.
1631448889324.png

I translated the program into Turkish.
Thanks so much for your translation. The translation will be updated automatically.
1631448957650.png

Last edited:

kaba116

Nov 7, 2018
我将程序翻译成土耳其语。
:D
你好!我很喜欢这个LMAntiMalware软件,但是软件的语言好像不是简体中文。可以为它添加一个简体中文版本吗?我很喜欢,但是没有简体中文我用起来有点不方便!谢谢!谢谢!
I translated the program into Turkish.
Hello! I like this LMTAntiMalware software very much, but the language of the software does not seem to be in simplified Chinese. Can you add a simplified Chinese language version for it? I like it very much, but it is a bit inconvenient for me to use it without simplified Chinese! Thank you! Thanks!

kaba116

Nov 7, 2018
Hello, CuteDuck is my in-house engine, it only uses ClamAV database and Bazaar database.
By default, LMT AntiMalware only scans PE files when they launch. If you enable this option, LMT AntiMalware will scan when they are created, modified or moved.
View attachment 260520

Thanks so much for your translation. The translation will be updated automatically.
View attachment 260521
Hello! I like this LMTAntiMalware software very much, but the language of the software does not seem to be in simplified Chinese. Can you add a simplified Chinese language version for it? I like it very much, but it is a bit inconvenient for me to use it without simplified Chinese! Thank you! Thanks!

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Yes, Simplified Chinese is available on Crowdin but I need a volunteer translator who can help me translate this software into Simplified Chinese ;)
1631505256484.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi,
The Cloud DB is currently down, the problem will be fixed within about 1 day.
Currently you will not be able to select the CloudDB option on LMT AntiMalware. I will update in this thread when the problem is fixed.
Updated 8:51 PM GMT+7: All services are gone now, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Last edited:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hello, I have a problem with my Azure account, all related services are down, you will not be able to access the homepage nor download the software. This will prevent LMT AntiMalware from updating the database for Web Protection and Realtime Protection.
I will try my best to solve this problem.
1631842251473.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.2 released
Changelog:
  • Malware Scanner: Updated Quick Scan feature, now LMT AntiMalware will scan all running processes as well as those that start with the system (StartupFiles, ShellExecuteHooks, AppCertDlls, ShellServiceObjectDelayLoads, ShellOpenCommands, ScheduledTasks, StartupFilesWinlogonShell , StartupFilesNotify).
  • CuteDuck engine: Resolves potential program crashes.
  • Added "Open the Quarantine folder" button.
  • Open Discord server to discuss: Join the LMT AntiMalware Discord Server!

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hello,
To improve the speed of Cloud Database, I've got some updates:
-Using 3 Azure Function in the US, France and Singapore.
-Added 1 Azure SQL Server in Singapore (besides the old one in the US).
-Depending on your geographical location, the system will automatically direct you to the nearest server.
The above information may change in the future depending on the situation and my Azure account o_O

Last edited:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.3 released
Changelog:
  • Added ClamAV engine. Now when you scan a file from the right-click context menu, LMT AntiMalware will use ClamAV to scan it.
  • You can quickly add a command line to the exclusion list in the Fileless Malware Protection window.
  • Anti Execution: When you click allow an untrusted process to work, LMT AntiMalware will launch it for you.
  • Fixed: Some minor bugs.
10102021.gif

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
I thought the duck engine and ClamAV were the same thing. How are they different? oO
Ah, CuteDuck engine only use MD5 hash-based signatures and PE section based hash signatures. When user scan a file from the right-click context menu, LMT AntiMalware will use full ClamAV engine on cloud to scan it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.