Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.4 released
Changelog:
  • Realtime Protection: Added Automatically scan suspicious processes with CloudAV. If CuteDuck engine does not recognize the file and finds it suspicious, the software will send it to CloudAV for scanning. Note: The software only sends executable files.
  • Realtime Protection: Improved Behavior Detection.
  • CuteDuck engine: Now the software will block application with digital signatures on the block list from MalwareBazaar.
  • Updated software uninstall.
  • Fixed: Some minor bugs.
Homepage: LMT AntiMalware
201021.gif

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
@LMT

So finally got been testing KIS, WVXS 2.7.3, and LMT for whole week, found them to work together well, with the exception to exclude the active executiable amd services between WVXS and LMT. WVXS all modules are enabled and LMT only realtime (VT, Duck, AI) and Webptotection are enabled. If you don't exlude the running executable, the PC will hang when trying to restart PC everytime. So far, my i9-9900k idle at 1% and i7-1165g7 idle at 2%-3% with everything running.

So far the combination running great on my Win11 machines and laptop at home. I feel overly protected like having force shield with the layered protecttion. haha. little overkill. But when you surfing vietnamese site, you don't know what kind of driveby payload will get hit with.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.4 released
Changelog:
  • Realtime Protection: Added Automatically scan suspicious processes with CloudAV. If CuteDuck engine does not recognize the file and finds it suspicious, the software will send it to CloudAV for scanning. Note: The software only sends executable files.
  • Realtime Protection: Improved Behavior Detection.
  • CuteDuck engine: Now the software will block application with digital signatures on the block list from MalwareBazaar.
  • Updated software uninstall.
  • Fixed: Some minor bugs.
View attachment 261375

It makes me think of Norton 360 analysis :D

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
A russian-language forum COMSS dedicated to the discussion and testing of antiviruses and other security software has tested this product, and if the developer and other MT participants are interested, you can watch the video at this link (turn on subtitles in the YouTube settings) - Test LMT AntiMalware
Yes, I watched it last month. After watching, I had to release a version to improve the software.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.5 released. PLEASE UPDATE TO THIS VERSION!
Changelog:
  • Updated Cloud Database to ver 2.0. Starting November 15, the old Cloud DB will be deprecated, so if you're still using the old version, you won't be able to use Cloud Database.
  • Updated: software libraries.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.5 released. PLEASE UPDATE TO THIS VERSION!
Changelog:
  • Updated Cloud Database to ver 2.0. Starting November 15, the old Cloud DB will be deprecated, so if you're still using the old version, you won't be able to use Cloud Database.
  • Updated: software libraries.
Windows 10 Enterprise
When installing LMT in Shadow Mode, the GUI never opens. Does show in task manager.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
It seems that version 5.8.5 has some problems, I have decided to temporarily remove this version. The download link on the homepage has been redirected to version 5.8.4.
If you are using version 5.8.5, I suggest you to reinstall version 5.8.4

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.5.1 released. Please upgrade to this version to be able to use Cloud Database 2.0
Changelog:
  • Fixed: LMT AntiMalware crashed when Self-Defense was enabled.
  • Fixed: LMT AntiMalware could not start on some systems.
For me this version not only does not start the GUI but it does not show in task manager at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.