Looking for a Download Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Eagleget is pretty good free download manager, or try also Download Ninja too.

Things to consider that it must be widely supported for the version of browser integration, and includes basic features.

FDM is worth to try but lack on the browser integration updates for latest/updated version.

S

Sr. Normal

I tried the Jdownloader that Linux runs fine, but recently I discovered Download Ninja and is , for me, the most advisable .

Download videos from any page, converts files , simultaneous downloads, high speed ... I recommend it

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Why are people recommending "Download Ninja" when it hasn't been updated in months ? (According to the change log on the website)

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Why are people recommending "Download Ninja" when it hasn't been updated in months ? (According to the change log on the website)

7zip hasn't been updated more than 1 year and people still using it :D :p :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
7zip hasn't been updated more than 1 year and people still using it :D :p :)
7Zip released a BETA Version on 2014-12-26

Normally download managers would have to be updated to work with newer releases of browsers though? *I don't know for sure, I keep thinking this because IDM keeps getting updated to work with newer browser updates*

M

MalwareT

7Zip released a BETA Version on 2014-12-26

Normally download managers would have to be updated to work with newer releases of browsers though?

I didn't experienced any issues with DN since may when i started to use it and i have latest version.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I'll recommend EagleGet.

For those of you who are saying Download Ninja is comparable to IDM, IDM has a far better media downloading capability than DN. But EagleGet's media downloading capability is much better than IDM too, because of it's 3 way media download capability (1. Url sniffer 2. Url parser 3. Download bar). DN has only Url parsing and IDM has only Download bar.

Moreover the developer of DN seems to have forfeit from the project.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
If we are talking free, EagleGet definitely. Clean UI, easy to use, generally works how it is supposed to with few bugs. Probably the closest to a free IDM, not quite as good but pretty close. It does have a better media catcher though as explained by jackuars above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.