Looking for a Free Antivirus and Firewall with Advanced options?

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Hello all, so basically I'm using comodo firewall ( cs ) settings the comodo provider list doesn't give me peace, knowing money can buy any SSL certificate, also I can't deactivate it because it will block every component of my pc, and graphics. It was annoying to start pc first time I deactivate the provider list completely and is really extended to know which one needs to leave active. I'm still looking for a free combo firewall + av, ( no windows WD or Firewall ) .. seems like the free AV are becoming like anti-spy from old times ( if you free you will have cut the better modules, so any av with web internet protection no extension needed? " there are actually one who does that "? Also for firewall just want a firewall like old private firewall, old ZoneAlarm... something just for control traffic and block unwanted connections from some programs and so. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Hello all, so basically I'm using comodo firewall ( cs ) settings the comodo provider list doesn't give me peace, knowing money can buy any SSL certificate, also I can't deactivate it because it will block every component of my pc, and graphics.
Because you don't know how to use it.
Unless they removed the function, which i doubt, you can delete the full list , then add your vendors one by one (from the list of active processes or installed programs) to the Comodo's Trusted Vendor List.

Comodo isn't for average users, your situation clearly proves it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Because you don't know how to use it.
Unless they removed the function, which i doubt, you can delete the full list , then add your vendors one by one (from the list of active processes or installed programs) to the Comodo's Trusted Vendor List.

Comodo isn't for average users, your situation clearly proves it.
Not really, im not newie at all, but that " tweak " i never had touch before, the list is really big one by one can take years lol xD it should have a option where the ones you use become marked or something, im really dont know all my drivers vendor.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

it should have a option where the ones you use become marked or something.
The option exist, i don't have comodo installed, but from memory you should have a button to add vendors to the TVL, this button allow you to import vendors from a path or running processes. Since drivers are logically running at boot, you should see them in that running processes list.
(not saying there is many ways and tools to show what certificates /vendors you are using.)

Someone using comodo and knowing what i mean can gives you a step by step procedure.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I do not have Comodo installed, but if there is an option, you can delete everything and then do an analysis of everything that is reliable, an alert will be generated of what has been blocked and it is up to you what you think is reliable. There is also the option to eliminate those that you consider convenient instead of all, it is not difficult.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

As i said, Comodo isn't for the average user, since the OP doesn't trust its TVL and don't dare to tweak it, there is no point for him to use Comodo.
Comodo is all about learning what does the settings and how to tweak them, if you can't, you are better with something more user-friendly.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Also for firewall just want a firewall like old private firewall, old ZoneAlarm... something just for control traffic and block unwanted connections from some programs and so. Thanks in advance.
I suppose you are using Win10 so Privatefirewall, Outpost or PCTools FW can be useless...such apps could be an excellent free option but for older systems. I think you can consider this firewalls
Simplewall
Fort Firewall
Evorim Free Firewall
and of course SpyShelter Free which was mantioned here
Free AV?...Immunet?

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
I suppose you are using Windows 10 so Privatefirewall, Outpost or PCTools FW can be useless...such apps could be an excellent free option but for older systems. I think you can consider this firewalls
Simplewall
Fort Firewall
Evorim Free Firewall
and of course SpyShelter Free which was mantioned here
Free AV?...Immunet?
ty for a extensed info, yes im using win 10 pro, just looking for some combo free while i get my job back so i can buy ESET or Kaspersky.
Also.. simplewall link is same as " Software Firewall & UTM - Simplewall " ?

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.