Looking for a Free Antivirus and Firewall with Advanced options?

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Hello all, so basically I'm using comodo firewall ( cs ) settings the comodo provider list doesn't give me peace, knowing money can buy any SSL certificate, also I can't deactivate it because it will block every component of my pc, and graphics. It was annoying to start pc first time I deactivate the provider list completely and is really extended to know which one needs to leave active. I'm still looking for a free combo firewall + av, ( no windows WD or Firewall ) .. seems like the free AV are becoming like anti-spy from old times ( if you free you will have cut the better modules, so any av with web internet protection no extension needed? " there are actually one who does that "? Also for firewall just want a firewall like old private firewall, old ZoneAlarm... something just for control traffic and block unwanted connections from some programs and so. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hi which is better simplewall or windows 10 firewall control(Sphinx)?Thks
Both are great and does the job but different in a sense that WFC is tied to Windows Firewall and it creates rules there. It has many advanced features and gives you full control. But SimpleWall is based on Windows Filtering Platform and it requires you to disable Windows Firewall to make sure it's working properly. I prefer SimpleWall because it's a tiny app (Less than a mb) but has all the features I want and also can be used as a portable app which I do. Both have the feature of notifying you when any app outside your rules tries to access internet.
There's also TinyWall which lacks the notification function so I don't use it but the developer is active here on MT and Wilders and soon the current beta version will become stable with new features.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
And it can be run separate from Windows Firewall or in addition to it. I'm waiting for the release version myself, but may consider the other two.
This is such a good feature that he has managed to put into the app. Kudos to him. I've plans to show it to the SimpleWall dev and ask if he can do it then why can't you? 😛

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.