Advice Request Looking for a new offshore email provider?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Been using Mailo for a few days now and I really like its look. No ads too.

Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg

Edit

A great feature which lets you backup your messages (per folder).

Screenshot (5).png

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You may check out Disroot. It's free, offers 1gb of storage, ad free, privacy friendly, has some other services as well. It supports IMAP so you can use it via email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook mail app, etc. I'm using it for over a year now and have no complaints.
It's also one of the suggested one in PrivacyTools
Don't look good from the below review

Lemon60

Level 2
Jun 11, 2019
not anymore, Tutanota will disclose your datas to authorities.

I never seen this before :rolleyes:

but, as a result, i think Tutanota better than Google & M$ Outlook. Almost everyone uses Windows and Chromium browsers. Also ISP's record our usage. so, there is no %100 privacy.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
A question! Why not using your own Email with our own Domain?

To me it seems to be the best solution in terms of security and privacy. I am using Assassin on my server and I should say it is even better than Google Anti Spam system.

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
A question! Why not using your own Email with our own Domain?

To me it seems to be the best solution in terms of security and privacy. I am using Assassin on my server and I should say it is even better than Google Anti Spam system.
Most likely you won't be able to set it up correctly and most emails will end in spam folder (if you need to send emails).
I am using my own domain with Tutanota for example and delivery rate is really good.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Most likely you won't be able to set it up correctly and most emails will end in spam folder. I am using my own domain with Tutanota for example and delivery rate is really good.
SpamAssassin is changed a lot in recent years. My current setup almost has 0 false positive or negative (for about a year already). They have a really active development and doing a great job.

I have also disabled the RBL spam filtering system as SpamAssassin is functioning just great!

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
These discussions seldom lead to anything productive. I've done my part, and made my decisions, and I encourage others to perform their own investigation.
You are content, so fine. It works for you.
Unless you show proofs, your words have no value and you are just misleading people in this thread.

Reactions: roger_m and enaph

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
My current email has a problem with IMAP and checks it for hours, so I am looking for a new one again and MAILO is really funny. You can use it for free (not really), but you can not register third party services till you prove, you really use it, but in order to use it, you need to validate third party services, but it will not let you. Catch 22. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• capture_11212020_190703.jpg
    capture_11212020_190703.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 159

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.