Advice Request looking for email client , do you know and trust of Mailspring?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
i 'm looking for an email client to replace thunderbird (just because it's so slow)
i found an open source program Nylas Mail , open source at least what seems
now replaced by Mailspring

well do you know these email clients ?
have you used them?
and do you trust of them?
i would like to analyze ,just becase in these days there are lots of software and extension that seems free ,and they have trojan or malware inside

thanks

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have used them all. Mailspring is really good. But some of the pro features are available in free version for limited times a week. I still use it and it has a good GUI, but eMClient is the one that I've seen with the most features. Has all the features of the Pro version in the free one except you can only create 2 accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: giulia

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I have used them all. Mailspring is really good. But some of the pro features are available in free version for limited times a week. I still use it and it has a good GUI, but eMClient is the one that I've seen with the most features. Has the the features of the Pro version in the free one except you can only create 2 accounts.
hi
but Nylas Mail should be open sourse or?
thanks

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I`m currently using Mailbird PRO but i`m watching over The Bat! Professional which seems to be better according to my taste, it has more options and is similar somehow to Outlook. I will give it a try very soon as they just released soon the v. 8 of their software.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
hi
but Nylas Mail should be open sourse or?
thanks
Yes it is open-source trial software and very similar to Mailspring. I switched from them because they didn't have advanced options during composing mail like formatting and creating tables etc.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Yes it is open-source trial software and very similar to Mailspring. I switched from them because they didn't have advanced options during composing mail like formatting and creating tables etc.
hi
open source + trial software = non sense
thanks

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
hi
thanks
Open source software doesn't necessarily mean that something is free. The term "free", in fact, usually refers to the freedom to use the software and redistribute it, not free as price.

The GPL license for example, doesn't prohibit the sale of a software but it doesn't allow the royalty; so it is possible to allow the payment of the work required for a developer for his software.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
hi
thanks
Open source software doesn't necessarily mean that something is free. The term "free", in fact, usually refers to the freedom to use the software and redistribute it, not free as price.

The GPL license for example, doesn't prohibit the sale of a software but it doesn't allow the royalty; so it is possible to allow the payment of the work required for a developer for his software.

Can Open-source software be used for commercial purposes? Frequently Answered Questions: Open source software

Note: Free software is different from Freeware software too. The former has been superseded by open-source software who's source code is freely available to modify and the latter is free of charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.