Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I tried a lot cos I download unofficial appz

Paid one

AVG pro found some malware other not but I think does not have web security protection

Zemana have advantage of keylogger detection

Bitdefender have advantage of web security and a good rate detection

Eset lightness and good protection but I think not the top one but accepted

Nothing have complet protection against all that I think

Waiting for Kaspersky giveaway to try it

Free

Sophos they says that have the good detection but when I use it is not light so I uninstalled it

Eset as paid the different between paid and free automatic update also some feature

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Does anyone have updates with regards to efficacy/? I read AV-Test's results from March. Zemana seems like it is always a good choice. Something with anti-malware (if the company uses MDM and it is not blocked) would be good). Trying to help a user. I personally have used ESET (Paid) - good and they have improved it, Lookout is always free.

End user education seems to be a barrier. Is Zemana all-encompassing - similar to ESET or BitDefender? Any user experiences as well as data would be super appreciated!

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Does anyone have updates with regards to efficacy/? I read AV-Test's results from March. Zemana seems like it is always a good choice. Something with anti-malware (if the company uses MDM and it is not blocked) would be good). Trying to help a user. I personally have used ESET (Paid) - good and they have improved it, Lookout is always free.

End user education seems to be a barrier. Is Zemana all-encompassing - similar to ESET or BitDefender? Any user experiences as well as data would be super appreciated!
I do not bother with those testing facilities, but from experience can provide a little help.

Lookout which comes pre-installed on many devices today also known as Gadget Guardian, Does have a free version, but this does not include the webfilter "which is one of the good reasons to be using an AV on Android" and it also on many devices, will suck the battery down at an alarming rate. Lookouts Web Portal can be buggy and not recognize the device or "Find Location", Support is only via email, no chat or phone support available.

Eset Mobile "Which im currently using myself" is a little expensive in the Google Play store as opposed to their website. It is light, and so far in a couple weeks usage, i have had no issues with it. It comes with Anti Virus, Anti-Theft, Anti-Phishing, SMS & Call Filter, Security Audit, and Security Report. The UI, is some what old school, but none the less, i like it. It has two scans available, Smart scan and In-Depth. Advanced settings lets you enable PUA "potentially unwanted applications & potentially unsafe applications" as well. It is an all around solid choice for Android.

Zemana, comes with a 15 day trial, of which you will have access to Premium Features which are, Realtime Protection, Automatic Data Base Updates, Anti-Keylogger, and Support. It has no other features like the other Av's available other then as a scanner, although in settings, you can enable PUA as well.

Hope this helps you somewhat narrow down a choice for your friend.

Reactions: Parsh and soccer97

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
I do not bother with those testing facilities, but from experience can provide a little help.

Lookout which comes pre-installed on many devices today also known as Gadget Guardian, Does have a free version, but this does not include the webfilter "which is one of the good reasons to be using an AV on Android" and it also on many devices, will suck the battery down at an alarming rate. Lookouts Web Portal can be buggy and not recognize the device or "Find Location", Support is only via email, no chat or phone support available.

Eset Mobile "Which im currently using myself" is a little expensive in the Google Play store as opposed to their website. It is light, and so far in a couple weeks usage, i have had no issues with it. It comes with Anti Virus, Anti-Theft, Anti-Phishing, SMS & Call Filter, Security Audit, and Security Report. The UI, is some what old school, but none the less, i like it. It has two scans available, Smart scan and In-Depth. Advanced settings lets you enable PUA "potentially unwanted applications & potentially unsafe applications" as well. It is an all around solid choice for Android.

Zemana, comes with a 15 day trial, of which you will have access to Premium Features which are, Realtime Protection, Automatic Data Base Updates, Anti-Keylogger, and Support. It has no other features like the other Av's available other then as a scanner, although in settings, you can enable PUA as well.

Hope this helps you somewhat narrow down a choice for your friend.

Perfect. Thanks to all! I did prefer ESET, I now see that the malicious URL filter is compatible with Google Chrome Browser. As soon as I can, I will switch to ESET.

The one weakness of most Android AV's is that they don't support device encryption (AV-Test). I imagine that trying to support it with all the different devices is extremely time consuming and challenging. ESET still makes great AV.

Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.