Battle Looking to buy a $600 Desktop PC. Which one would you recommend?

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
This looks like a Lenovo workhorse! (y)
Yeah, we have clients that have been buying these by the dozen for almost 10 years now and I do not believe a single part on one has failed... except for a few hard drives ;). Building a computer would be even better but the OP did not seem to want to go that route. If it were me, I would go buy the parts, stop by the store on the way home and grab a 6 pack, then watch youtube vids on how to build a computer, then build it. Once you do, you will never buy a pre-built again. Although, sometimes the Lenovos similar to that model (below) are on sale at BestBuy for $380.00 or so... but the OP would have to add an SSD.

and its big brother is around $450 or so

brigantes

Level 1
Jun 22, 2020
hi

i only use 2 browsers, vpn, youtube video's.

i am not a gamer or a video or photo editor.

i would like an SSD.

i can not build a PC. i do not intend on trying.

thanks for replies.

Contact Microcenter and tell them what you are looking for. You can get one of their pre-build PowerSpec systems that will meet your needs. If you live in chase the rabbit land Florida, you might have to find a way to get there but otherwise, they will get you something very worthwile in the $500 to $700 range.

These systems are a real value. I have gone through multiple PowerSpec systems and they have always been good, reliable sytems.

Remember, these systems don't include monitors, keyboards or mice. So that $529 one with the i5 9500, 16 GB and 500 GB SSD might be just what you need. Or you could save up a hundred and fifty more dollars and get that i7 9700K system. It will future proof system performance for at least 5 years.

To be honest, with your computing habits even that AMD Ryzen 5 might fit the bill. You would end up a hundred or more under budget.

Best of luck to ya.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.