Lost Control of my Tablet!

Webber2k17

Thread author
Dec 19, 2016
After accidentally clicking on an Emulator app which was downloaded on my tablet without me knowing about it started the castcade of problems and takeover of my tablet. It is downloading apps on the tablet and showing ads on my screen. It is doing it constantly that I can't do anything to counteract the damage. I downloaded Malawarebytes earlier on after the problem started, and scanned my tablet to see what was happening. I had 3 infection, one critical. When I tried to get rid of the three, it seems not to work. So I ran Avast and it said everything normal. I decided to reset my tablet, but that didn't get rid of it. I was trying to start over again, but " IT " is doing what it was doing before. I toggle OFF my internet connection, but it is turning it on again. Wow, what should I do, I am helpless. Please help.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Webber2k17,
Lets check to see which devices administrators are listed and enabled:
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android device, and scroll all the way down to Security and tap on it.
  2. Look for an option named ‘Device administrators’ or ‘All device administrators’, and tap it once.
  3. You should now be seeing all the administrators listed with their name, as well as a short description of what those administrators do. Notice the check marks next to the names?

Next, you can perform a scan with Zemana Mobile Antivirus - Zemana Mobile Antivirus - Android Apps on Google Play

And finally, you should clear you phone cache - you can do this with CCleaner for Android - CCleaner - Android Apps on Google Play

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.