Always notify
Real-time security
F-Secure SAFE
-MCShield Anti-malware
-Heimdal Pro
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware free, TDSSKiller, Comodo CCE, Hitman Pro free scan.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
1.Cyberfox with Lastpass, Ublock Origin, Disconnect, Https everywhere and BitDefender TrafficLigth.

2.Vivaldi with Lastpass, Ublock Origin, Disconnect, Https everywhere and BitDefender TrafficLight.

3.Edge (not configured yet)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner free.

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
I have these other programs and software installed that I would like to know if somehow are unnecessary as I think it might be overkill having them all together running all the time at the same time as they might offer the same protection (or not at all) or might conflict with one another, for example:
-EMET 5.5 vs Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free.
-Heimdal Pro vs Adguard 6.
-Adguard 6 vs some browser extensions (ublock or trafficlight).
-Or any of the above vs my anti malware suite.

Last edited:

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, mate, and thanks for sharing..
If you browse carefully and common-sense is your middle name, then you'll be fine.
But... if you need something more effective, consider another antivirus program, there are lot of good free solutions (e.g. Avast, Avira, AVG).
All in all, a simple and good config.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
You could improve your defence against Malware by installing Avast Free 2015 which has a much higher protection level against malware than what Windows built in Defender can. Otherwise a sufficient security for normal use.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice efficient config! If you exercise common sense you should be just fine. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: lovehungryman

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
I used to have Avast in my old Vista computer that then I turned into running Linux only. As a matter of fact I have been trying different software, first Panda then 360 total security then Avira and Comodo's but since I had not used any Windows for over 4 years (until now) some of those antivirus programs I mentioned are too overkill for me or were simply not as expected... I will consider another antivirus program again after windows 10, Avast! maybe?... Thank you all guys for your answers and support!

Korora

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
You should consider switching to one of these Anti-Viruses:
  • Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential
  • avast!
  • Avira

I also recommend using Windows Firewall Control to extend the usability of Windows Firewall.

Reactions: lovehungryman

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
I have these other programs and software installed that I would like to know if somehow are unnecessary as I think it might be overkill having them all together running all the time at the same time as they might offer the same protection (or not at all) or might conflict with one another, for example:

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

1.) EMET is free and can be better, but for advanced users only - verdict = MBAE
2.) Heimdal Pro and Adguard for Windows are completely different things, but both good - verdict = N/A
3.) uBlock Origin is the best IMO but Adguard FOR WINDOWS is the best (but uBlock Origin is the best EXTENSION) - verdict = N/S

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.