No - malware is not downloaded
Firewall protection
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Real-time malware protection
F-Secure Safe, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploid Premium
RTP & OS hardening settings
None
Periodic scanning
MC shield is installed and all these portable software (CCE, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, Emsisoft Emergency Kit or HitmanPro) are only used whenever I want or need some second opinion.
Browsers
Primary browser Edge, secondary Vivaldi or Opera all with Lastpass, Disconnect, NoScript add-ons
Optimisation apps
Patch my PC, PC´s own Storage Sense.
My Files & Photos backup
Regular backups to OneDrive and to external drive.
My Files backup schedule
Manual - every month to the cloud, or local attached storage
Device recovery & settings
Asus Manager, Windows own backup.
Device backup schedule
Computer specifications
-Asus Desktop PC
-AMD A10-7800
-Radeon R7
16 gb of Ram
-SSD 240 gb
Device activity usage
  1. Financial and sensitive documents
  2. Generic web browsing
  3. Shared among other family members
Your changelog
Sometime in April uninstalled Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 since it was not compatible with F-Secure.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 42
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Nice to see F-Secure Safe (y)
Some suggestions:

Please set UAC to always notify. That is the only setting that can prevent UAC bypasses:
Zemana antimalware is not so great anymore:
Suggestions are HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Why AdGuard, Disconnect and Ghostery?
AdGuard alone should be fine and can be helped by the adblocking already present in Edge, Vivaldi and Opera.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff member
Jan 14, 2015
I still do not advise UAC to max. if the user knows what he is doing and is advanced, he would have UAC to max already or like me, doesnt need it. best to stick to default UAC settings.

lovehungryman

Level 1
Jun 23, 2015
Nice to see F-Secure Safe (y)
Some suggestions:

Please set UAC to always notify. That is the only setting that can prevent UAC bypasses:
Zemana antimalware is not so great anymore:
Suggestions are HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Why AdGuard, Disconnect and Ghostery?
AdGuard alone should be fine and can be helped by the adblocking already present in Edge, Vivaldi and Opera.

UAC was already set on "always notify" when I checked today.
I was using Zemana (the paid one) but I forgot I uninstalled it sometime ago (Is this one good or not? since I still have a valid licence for 2 more years I wonder if it's worth it).
I have a lifetime licence for Adguard app but I always wondered if something else was needed to be safe (like add-ons or like Heimdal installed in my computer). Now I know the answer.
Thank you for feedback and heads up!

Soulbound

Verified
Staff member
Jan 14, 2015
I have adguard app lifetime license and i dont use often, only when a page is broken by ublock origin.

Heimdal is not really needed at all. the least you have the better. I prefer relying on portable apps for utility as opposed to installed apps.