Always notify
Real-time security
F-Secure Safe, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploid Premium
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
None
Periodic malware scanners
MC shield is installed and all these portable software (CCE, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, Emsisoft Emergency Kit or HitmanPro) are only used whenever I want or need some second opinion.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Primary browser Edge, secondary Vivaldi or Opera all with Lastpass, Disconnect, NoScript add-ons
Maintenance tools
Patch my PC, PC´s own Storage Sense.
File and Photo backup
Regular backups to OneDrive and to external drive.
System recovery
Asus Manager, Windows own backup.
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
Computer specs
-Asus Desktop PC
-AMD A10-7800
-Radeon R7
16 gb of Ram
-SSD 240 gb
Notable changes
Sometime in April uninstalled Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 since it was not compatible with F-Secure.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Nice to see F-Secure Safe (y)
Some suggestions:

Please set UAC to always notify. That is the only setting that can prevent UAC bypasses:
Zemana antimalware is not so great anymore:
Suggestions are HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Why AdGuard, Disconnect and Ghostery?
AdGuard alone should be fine and can be helped by the adblocking already present in Edge, Vivaldi and Opera.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I still do not advise UAC to max. if the user knows what he is doing and is advanced, he would have UAC to max already or like me, doesnt need it. best to stick to default UAC settings.

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
Set UAC to maximum "always notify"
and also change "Security updates: Manually check for updates" to: automatic install
Yes, thank you!
Yesterday while filling my info I was unaware of what was all my configuration thankfully today I checked and UAC was already set as "always notify" and updates was in automatic.

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
Nice to see F-Secure Safe (y)
Some suggestions:

Please set UAC to always notify. That is the only setting that can prevent UAC bypasses:
Zemana antimalware is not so great anymore:
Suggestions are HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Why AdGuard, Disconnect and Ghostery?
AdGuard alone should be fine and can be helped by the adblocking already present in Edge, Vivaldi and Opera.

UAC was already set on "always notify" when I checked today.
I was using Zemana (the paid one) but I forgot I uninstalled it sometime ago (Is this one good or not? since I still have a valid licence for 2 more years I wonder if it's worth it).
I have a lifetime licence for Adguard app but I always wondered if something else was needed to be safe (like add-ons or like Heimdal installed in my computer). Now I know the answer.
Thank you for feedback and heads up!

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I have adguard app lifetime license and i dont use often, only when a page is broken by ublock origin.

Heimdal is not really needed at all. the least you have the better. I prefer relying on portable apps for utility as opposed to installed apps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.