Advanced Security Lucard security configuration 2022

Last updated
Mar 12, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
N/A
Real-time protection
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Bitdefender : Ransomware remediation and password protected.
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge (automatic HTTPS enabled. Extensions: VT4bBrowsers [VirusTotal], Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Avast Online Security)
Brave (automatic HTTPS enabled. Extensions: Microsoft Defender Browser Protection, VT4bBrowsers [VirusTotal], Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Avast Online Security)
Secure DNS
Cloudflare
Desktop VPN
Bitdefender Premium VPN
Password and passkey manager
None (altough I use different passwords)
Maintenance tools
Windows Disk Cleaner, Windows Deffragler, Wise Registry Cleaner, Ccleaner.
File and photo backups
OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Drive.
System recovery
Windows default
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

@Lucard:

Even if not shared system, a Login security level would be welcome.

I would set UAC to Always Notify/Max.

Periodic security scanners -> it is for 3rd party tools, not the already main real time product.

With Device recovery & backup -> Windows default: what do You mean? Restore Points and/or W11 BackUp/Restore full system image feature?

Thanks for sharing :)
 
@harlan4096 Thanks for replying! :)

I would set UAC to Always Notify/Max.
I just set it as you suggested

Periodic security scanners -> it is for 3rd party tools, not the already main real time product.
I got it. I downloaded ESET Online Scanner as my second opinion of on-demand scanning tool.

With Device recovery & backup -> Windows default: what do You mean? Restore Points and/or W11 BackUp/Restore full system image feature?
Yeah, that's what I meant.

@SecureKongo I also thought it might be an overkill, but I decided to use Microsoft Defender extension in Brave browser so that it could also have Microsoft's SmartScreen. :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top