• Start date

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Nice Config but here are some of my recommendations.

Real-time Malware Protection:
avast! Free (Hardened Mode), VodooShield Free, Zemana Anti-Logger, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Xvirus Firewall Pro + Windows Firewall.

With Voodooshield you could get rid of Kaspersky Anti-Ransom since Voodooshield set to always on will block everything. If you wanted to spend a little cash for a license for HitmanPro.Alert that would take place of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and ZAL. Then you could add ZAM and HitmanPro as on-demand scanners. With the firewall, that's all up to you but Windows Firewall alone is good enough.

Thanks for sharing.

F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Thread author
Nice Config but here are some of my recommendations.

Real-time Malware Protection:
avast! Free (Hardened Mode), VodooShield Free, Zemana Anti-Logger, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Xvirus Firewall Pro + Windows Firewall.

With Voodooshield you could get rid of Kaspersky Anti-Ransom since Voodooshield set to always on will block everything. If you wanted to spend a little cash for a license for HitmanPro.Alert that would take place of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and ZAL. Then you could add ZAM and HitmanPro as on-demand scanners. With the firewall, that's all up to you but Windows Firewall alone is good enough.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for spending time on repling this! :).

I'm gonna remove Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware as you said.

I'm gonna wait till the MalwareTips giveaway finishes to decide if I'm going to buy HitmanPro.Alert. (Maybe I'm lucky but idk)

Talking about the Firewall... I won a license of Xvirus Firewall and I wanna use it tbh, I contacted the developer and he said Xvirus is meant to run alongside Windows Firewall which is strage but I'm seeing they are not consuming much RAM, so I really don't mind about it! :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Zemana, Kaspersky anti-ransomware, malwarebytes anti-exploit and xvirus can be removed, in my opinion. You may also want to remove avast and change it with windows defender

Reactions: aragornnnn
F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Thread author
Zemana, Kaspersky anti-ransomware, malwarebytes anti-exploit and xvirus can be removed, in my opinion. You may also want to remove avast and change it with windows defender
I won't remove Zemana AntiLogger mainly bc is my only layer of protection of keyloggers. I've already deleted Kaspersky. I don't know what to tell you about mbae maybe i'll delete it in the future.

Talking about xvirus.. I've won a xvirus pro licence and I didn't know what firewall use. Xvirus developer (Dani santos) told me that xvirus is meant to run alongside Windows Firewall so I've trusted him about that.

Reactions: TheMalwareMaster

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You should have edited your original config.
Therefore I will remove your original config from public view.

Reactions: JM Safe

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
All layers are well covered, but a bit overkill.

You are protected.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.