Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I think your config is a bit overkill. You can confidently remove zemana from the setup. According to my tests in malware hub, zemana could only protect the in system in 1/6 tests, 5 times the system was infected and 1 of them was heavily encrypted by ransomwares. Its realtime protection with pandora was extremely poor against 0-day malwares I would say. The scanner is top-notch

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I think your config is a bit overkill. You can confidently remove zemana from the setup. According to my tests in malware hub, zemana could only protect the in system in 1/6 tests, 5 times the system was infected and 1 of them was heavily encrypted by ransomwares. Its realtime protection with pandora was extremely poor against 0-day malwares I would say. The scanner is top-notch
True, but I just use it for the scanner. For 0 Day malware HMPA and Voodoo Shield will protect me.

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Real-time Malware Protection:
Kaspersky Internet Security, HMPA, Voodoo Shield, Zemana, Emsisoft AM.

On-demand Scanners:
Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, HMP, Zemana, Emsisoft.

Browsers and Extensions:
Kaspersky Protection, Ublock Origin, Bitdefender traffic light, LastPass, privacy badger, Avira safe search, HTTPS Everywhere.

Content Blocker (Ads, Scripts, Trackers):
ublock origin, kaspersky protection, privacy badger.

Bold = Keep
Italics = Could do without, might even improve performance and protection from overlap

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
" Real-time Malware Protection: Kaspersky Internet Security, HMPA, Voodoo Shield, Zemana, Emsisoft AM. "
That's an ass load of over kill on a system and it's resources, layering to that extent can
actually cause more issues than it solves.
But if your happy, that's what matters, cool. ;)

EDIT: I just realized that this is a Laptop you have all of this running on WOW.
If you really want to extend the life of that laptop and have it breathe a sigh of relief,
Use EmsiSoft AM, and HMPA and save or delete the rest. You wont need Razors Game booster
with that config either ;) JMHO
I game on a DigitalStorm Custom Gaming PC and would not load it down like this,
much less a Laptop, and with your Specs you should not need game booster even for a game intensive as The Division, that tells you just how much you have burdened that thing with that config.

Last edited:

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
" Real-time Malware Protection: Kaspersky Internet Security, HMPA, Voodoo Shield, Zemana, Emsisoft AM. "
That's an ass load of over kill on a system and it's resources, layering to that extent can
actually cause more issues than it solves.
But if your happy, that's what matters, cool. ;)

EDIT: I just realized that this is a Laptop you have all of this running on WOW.
If you really want to extend the life of that laptop and have it breathe a sigh of relief,
Use EmsiSoft AM, and HMPA and save or delete the rest. You wont need Razors Game booster
with that config either ;) JMHO
I game on a DigitalStorm Custom Gaming PC and would not load it down like this,
much less a Laptop, and with your Specs you should not need game booster even for a game intensive as The Division, that tells you just how much you have burdened that thing with that config.
Yeah its alot, but thats only because I am trying to find what I like best. I have removed kaspersky and disabled realtime for zemana. Besides, my laptop uses desktop hardware, so you can call it a easily mobile desktop haha.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Why removed Kaspersky?
I am using Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Comodo Free to replace kaspersky. Comodo has a better firewall and is perfect for my config, as I do not rely on signatures, but rather behaviour blocking, firewalls, default-deny, and virtualization. Comodo gives me a better firewall, default-deny, and virtualization. I am using Emsisoft for BB, Realtime Signature protection, and a few other threats kaspersky would protect against. While kaspersky is good, there is no need to keep it when there are better options. If I were someone who wanted one simple solution, I would probably use KIS or CIS and wouldn't do what I am doing.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I am striving to make one of the best security configs for security. Besides adding something like shadow defender or deep freeze (which is a pain in the butt), is there anything I can improve? Again this config is for security, not performance. Thanks in advance! SECURE - LukeNukesEm security setup

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.