Luke's Simplistic Shield.

I

illumination

It is good that you all are using some sort of back up. My opinion and beliefs with the layered security stems from two reasons. Reason 1, as stated in a few posts in this thread, no security solution is 100%, by combining several solutions, you are essentially creating an over-lapping field of protection. The second reason for my belief, is simply because internet security is a shared responsibility.. Now back to the first reason, the forum here itself, is titled MalwareTips "Your Security Advisor" now keep in mind, unlike a lot of us members that are advanced, there are a lot of novice to intermediate users who come to this forum for advice on security. One or two of you may think you can take on the world wide web with just a simple AV and be safe with the knowledge you possess.. In reality, it is not enough. On to the second reason, which will go hand in hand with the first.. IMO surfing the net, is a lot like driving a car, it is a privilege that comes with responsibilities.. Lets say you are surfing the social sites, and become infected, now if you are lucky enough to realize it right away, you may be able to shut everything down in time, to eradicate your system of this problem, but if not, then you are risking everyone you come into contact with. This will be the last i have to say on this topic in this thread.

E

Exorcizm

thewolfsmith72 said:
It is good that you all are using some sort of back up. My opinion and beliefs with the layered security stems from two reasons. Reason 1, as stated in a few posts in this thread, no security solution is 100%, by combining several solutions, you are essentially creating an over-lapping field of protection. The second reason for my belief, is simply because internet security is a shared responsibility.. Now back to the first reason, the forum here itself, is titled MalwareTips "Your Security Advisor" now keep in mind, unlike a lot of us members that are advanced, there are a lot of novice to intermediate users who come to this forum for advice on security. One or two of you may think you can take on the world wide web with just a simple AV and be safe with the knowledge you possess.. In reality, it is not enough. On to the second reason, which will go hand in hand with the first.. IMO surfing the net, is a lot like driving a car, it is a privilege that comes with responsibilities.. Lets say you are surfing the social sites, and become infected, now if you are lucky enough to realize it right away, you may be able to shut everything down in time, to eradicate your system of this problem, but if not, then you are risking everyone you come into contact with. This will be the last i have to say on this topic in this thread.

That is very true, and that's fair enough if you want to but out of the chat now :)

I have a few things i would comment about what you said, but i feel like i keep saying, everyone has there own opinions, and whether you have layered security or my security, guess what, you'll get infected one day, you just need to know how to remove the threat and your set, its what your comfortable with more than what you need, because in reality you need what your comfortable with, to feel safe :) It's always been a big controversy topic about security, so i am going to tone it down and stick to my beliefs :)

Regards
- Josh

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:
McLovin said:
Did you have any backup options, just incase everything goes pear shaped?

yeah i have backup on my 320GB and my 1TB Externals.

GOOD :D +1 to the group of backups now haha

I guess, the WD(320) has all the system files like setups and program files.

the Seagate(Hey don't hate, it's bad brand, but it's worked good sofar.) 1TB,

keep my movies, games, anything else that needs saving.

win7holic said:
simple and easy way is Backup. :)

cheers for all.

Hmm?

E

Exorcizm

Win is saying cheers for all people who backup because its easier than being a security freak with your computer, and Seagate isnt a bad brand lol, there actually quite good :D!

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
okay, i see.

well, seagate hasn't be to great for alot of friends, and drew and corey.

but it's worked decent for me.

E

Exorcizm

Luke[Dumke480] said:
okay, i see.

Yeah, everyones going to end up with a dodge hard drive at some point, same as some people AMD Video Cards work perfect with, yet i got 4 Dodge cards in a row with AMD and then the next one was Nvidia and worked flawlessly..

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
okay, i see.

I have had no problem with Seagate.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
hahah thanks!

the first person not to try and give me more programs to run ;)

yea.
it because your security config looks solid , and sure simple also.
We can't fully rely on Security Software, right luke?

E

Exorcizm

win7holic said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:
hahah thanks!

yea.

THAT IS 100% CORRECT! THANKYOU WIN! :D

E

Exorcizm

BoXX28 said:
I'm sure that what you meant was "We can't fully rely on Security Software". :p

Win does not know native english as well as we do, so he makes mistakes sometimes :)

E

Exorcizm

BoXX28 said:
We're here to correct win7holic right? ;)

We are here to correct and help anyone in doubt or mistaken/misunderstanding/misinterpreting there knowledge wrongly :)

If that means there grammar could potentially make them seem like they mean something else, then sure, why not help them out :)

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
win7holic said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:
hahah thanks!

yea.

BoXX28 said:

Exorcizm said:
win7holic said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:
hahah thanks!

yea.

THAT IS 100% CORRECT! THANKYOU WIN! :D

Exorcizm said:
BoXX28 said:

Win does not know native english as well as we do, so he makes mistakes sometimes :)

Thanks Win7.

Rep+

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.