Deprecated Macrium Reflect Free Product - End Of Life

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
The free version was probably too good & discouraged users to stay free rather than buying the pay version. I think that the pay version gives you updates after the first year & the only thing you lose is (never used) support - For me the most valuable program I have & for me worth buying - I do realise that not everyone is in a position to always buy software.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I have never heard of that software, I am a captive to Malware Tips, if it isn't mentioned here I would probably know nothing of it. I have pretty much given up on the snapshot theory except for restore points native to windows, still use it along with Windows backup, works like a charm for me but I keep it very simple, always.
OK, no problem, the snapshot is not reliable, if you don't know how to handle it, it is like carrying a basket of eggs in your hand, any carelessness can break it, the backup remains the safest way to keep your data saved.(y)

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
All those who have scalped for past few years need to start paying their dues.

To play devil's advocate there are a lot of users in 3rd world countries where the cost of software subscriptions is beyond their income or means. I hope software companies like Macrium think about those users when pricing their software. I have no problem with region specific pricing, and I hope more companies use it.

Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
To play devil's advocate there are a lot of users in 3rd world countries where the cost of software subscriptions is beyond their income or means. I hope software companies like Macrium think about those users when pricing their software. I have no problem with region specific pricing, and I hope more companies use it.
Yes, even though it is Black Friday, it is a bit pricey if I shop outside my country because of fees and tax. Since the purchase is made dollar, I will have to pay a lot of taxes. Like conversion rate to my currency, taxes and more taxes, in the end it ends up being the same price as it costs here. Some things are worth buying out here, some are not.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Such a shame that Macrium Reflect Free has 'ended'. I agree with others here it has saved myself and countless others some major headaches. AOMEI Backupper is a great replacement that I have been using for years, but I have been on the hunt for another good product as Acronis is no longer selling perpetual licenses either. My current rotation has mainly been with AOMEI and Acronis which is enough but need to keep up on the changes and potential security needs - legacy software isn't good!

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I really don't get it. Just buy Terabytes' IFW and call it call it a day. Rock solid, restores are always successful, scriptable and it's cheaper than any non-free product. Just do yourself a favor and end the run-around.

Reactions: Miyagi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.