D

Deleted member 178

RE: madyrocksin's Configuration CFW 6 + ESET Nod32

You have Comodo HIPS already so ZAL is worthless

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

I am using it for clipboard and Webcam, not sure if comodo's HIPS will prevent this too

N

Nige_40

madyrocksin said:
I am using it for clipboard and Webcam, not sure if comodo's HIPS will prevent this too

I got this info from Zemana and it says down their list of Security Software, that, they have tested with

Comodo Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Compatible with Zemana

info found on the bottom of there webpage > http://zemana.com/product/antilogger/overview/

D

Deleted member 178

madyrocksin said:

keyloggers needs to send datas to the attacker so your firewall will catch the outbound connection anyway.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
madyrocksin said:

keyloggers needs to send datas to the attacker so your firewall will catch the outbound connection anyway.

That is very true, but i was using an explorer.exe for changing the start menu icon and Zemana showed it as a keylogger, was wondering that an internet connection by explorer.exe might be requested through svchost or may be i m wrong, any opinion on that ???

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Pretty close to my RT config minus winpatrol and mamutu...I've thought of installing CFW but windows fw is good enough.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Overkill said:
Pretty close to my RT config minus winpatrol and mamutu...I've thought of installing CFW but windows fw is good enough.

So we have a almost similar approach to security :D

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Pretty much :)

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Hell lot of changes :p

Have been reading posts from Earth, Littlebits and others, which has build my trust somewhat on windows firewall and Defender :D

Now i am quite confident about Windows Firewall but Defender i am still not very sure.

Moreover, i m into lot of torrentting mostly videos ;), which is making me somewhat worried for my current configuration.

What Say any recommendations ??

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Always check the Torrent's comment section for reviews by previous users.

Watch out for codecs and other executables. Codecs should always be downloaded from the official site, as a precaution. Or use a player that supports a wide range of video formats.

If you're unsure, can watch video files in Shadow Mode (Shadow Defender)?

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Earth said:
Always check the Torrent's comment section for reviews by previous users.

Watch out for codecs and other executables. Codecs should always be downloaded from the official site, as a precaution. Or use a player that supports a wide range of video formats.

If you're unsure, can watch video files in Shadow Mode (Shadow Defender)?

OK.

would you mind adding something about Windows Defender,
the fact that i am currently using it is that i didn't had a malware in my system from quite a while so i am kind a safe user when it comes to executables

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have mine disabled/off, so I cannot really think of anything regarding Windows Defender.

But you're using Pro edition of Windows 8, so you can implement the use of SRP (Run > 'secpol.msc'), see image:
"Right click > New Path"
Gk7qjHA.png

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Was Feeling Naked :p so added Avast Free :D
Disabled WOT and Enabled Avast web Rep, have no idea on avast web rep any suggestions ?
is it better or worse than WOT ??

Dam Light on system, Love the new Look :)

The UI is not that smooth on my system

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.