madyrocksin's Configuration

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
RE: madyrocksin's Configuration CIS 6 + K9 Web Protection

malbky said:
Mady do you do online transactions with this config? Do you feel safe. I have tired of the high resource usage by KIS and coming between my games.

I generally don't do it on a regular basis but sometimes I do,
If there was only comodo i would be a bit reluctant, but k9 will cover most of the casualties for sure !!

Stranger said:
malbky said:
Mady do you do online transactions with this config? Do you feel safe. I have tired of the high resource usage by KIS and coming between my games.

Don't know if I am wrong or not I don't use or suggest anyone to do online banking using comodo product

Any specific reasons ???

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Any specific reasons ???

Just similar to Iobit and glary.
In Iobit case it stolen mbam signature which is against market rules in glary it installed malwares on its user computer and comodo whose ceo can leak private email to public,how can one trust these types of products for online security.

P.S. Its my personal opinion and everybody have it maybe wrong or right

Edit:How is CIS 6 on resource . can you compare it with recent av you used?

Thanks

I

illumination

Stranger said:
Any specific reasons ???

Just similar to Iobit and glary.
In Iobit case it stolen mbam signature which is against market rules in glary it installed malwares on its user computer and comodo whose ceo can leak private email to public,how can one trust these types of products for online security.

P.S. Its my personal opinion and everybody have it maybe wrong or right

Edit:How is CIS 6 on resource . can you compare it with recent av you used?

Thanks

As was stated by Biozfear, you can with any software, provided your system is not infected and you are careful watching the URL address to the bank site itself.

I have an old friend, retired farmer, i take care of all his computer needs, security, ect. I placed Comodo on his system and set it up for him well over two years ago. He does all his financial transactions online, banking, ect. He has never had a problem, and you can believe, he keeps a tight rein on his statements from the banks and his funds.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

thewolfsmith72 I am not saying that comodo is harmful and i know that clean machine with low detection av like mse and quickheal are enough safe for online banking

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Thanks for explaining, i didn't knew about glary :p

well recently i have used ESET, KIS, Avast & PandaAV
ESET is still the lightest, CIS 6 has improved greatly on resource
If ESET is causing a 10 sec slow down than CIS 6 is causing a 11 sec slow, very marginal
I would rate AVAST and CIS 6 equal as far as resource is concerned !!

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Stranger said:
thewolfsmith72 I am not saying that comodo is harmful and i know that clean machine with low detection av like mse and quickheal are enough safe for online banking

I think stranger is not happy with the companies ethical behavior rather than the product itself, its like you can't trust the fruits of a poisonous tree no matter how delicious they look :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

I think stranger is not happy with the companies ethical behavior rather than the product itself, its like you can't trust the fruits of a poisonous tree no matter how delicious they look :D
absolutely correct I was out of words which you correctly explained.:)

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Stranger said:

I understand this becoz i feel the same for iobit :p

I

illumination

Stranger said:
madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

It is ok guys, i understand. I was just reinforcing what Biozfear had stated, and wanted to share the little tid bit about the farmer who has not had any problems.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

thewolfsmith72 said:
Stranger said:
madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

It is ok guys, i understand. I was just reinforcing what Biozfear had stated, and wanted to share the little tid bit about the farmer who has not had any problems.

Thanks for sharing, it will definitely help the readers :)

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Removed EMET
Reason don't feel the need for it, Comodo HIPS is enough i guess :p

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:
You don't need anything when you have comodo on your system.

No malware/adware/virus/malicious thing can infect you without your permission when comodo is on your computer because..............

while surfing even if you try to sip a cup of coffee,comodo will ask your mouth if its really want to drink coffee or not

:lolz:

PS:No offence just a giggle

Hahahaha i understand that, may be i just wanted to try K9 but it seems really good may not be the best, i m gonna keep it for a while :D

P.S. I am not a psycho, to not understand the giggle

The only thing bad with k9 is you can't surf securely cause it can't filter ssl connections

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

madyrocksin said:
Removed EMET

According to me you don't need K9 as Comodo DNS is giving the WebProtection

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

MRF71 said:
madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

No malware/adware/virus/malicious thing can infect you without your permission when comodo is on your computer because..............

while surfing even if you try to sip a cup of coffee,comodo will ask your mouth if its really want to drink coffee or not

Hahahaha i understand that, may be i just wanted to try K9 but it seems really good may not be the best, i m gonna keep it for a while :D

The only thing bad with k9 is you can't surf securely cause it can't filter ssl connections

Could you give me a link where i can read more about this ??

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Unknown said:
madyrocksin said:
Removed EMET

According to me you don't need K9 as Comodo DNS is giving the WebProtection

K9 is something more, anyways thanx for the suggestion :D

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

madyrocksin said:
MRF71 said:
madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

Could you give me a link where i can read more about this ??

I'll try to find one...I'm talking from my experience, everytime I use encrypted google it says it can't be filtered and switches it to normal google

EDIT:My bad, I never noticed the option to filter secure traffic must be a new feature cause i've never noticed it before.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Added : Keyscrambler Personal

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Removed K9 web security
Disabled Comodo AV
Added TrendMicro Titanium, Firewall Boost disabled :D
Any more tips would be great :)

P

Plexx

madyrocksin said:
Removed K9 web security
Disabled Comodo AV

Did you simply disabled CAV or uninstalled CAV?

If you simply disabled, it could cause some problems.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012

Biozfear said:
madyrocksin said:
Removed K9 web security
Disabled Comodo AV

Did you simply disabled CAV or uninstalled CAV?

If you simply disabled, it could cause some problems.

Yes i just disabled it temporarily and still have set exclusions for each other, probably in a couple of days if i like trend i will remove Comodo's AV component

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.