Magusxd Security Config

Magusxd

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 17, 2016
Strong configuration there :).

Consider a backup for ease of revert any changes.

EASEUS Todo Backup, AOIMEI Backupper or others will do.

I have consider the use of such programs but in my mind i prefer a clean installation rather than reverting back to a previous image

You're already using ZAL so Keyscrambler is redundant.
Nice config :)

I know u have a point there but i don't trust zemana on it's own against keyloggers

Why not enable BitLocker to encrypt the whole drive instead of dban'ing?

What is the benefit of encrypting the drive when either way after some weeks i will format my drives ?

ps. i believe i need a firewall / firewall control thingy to block some apps from the net + a virtual keyboard, is the ms virtual keyboard enough against keyloggers ? or do i need something like bitdefenders browser with their virtual keyboard ?

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
ps. i believe i need a firewall / firewall control thingy to block some apps from the net + a virtual keyboard, is the ms virtual keyboard enough against keyloggers ? or do i need something like bitdefenders browser with their virtual keyboard ?
If paid software is an option for you, I would look into HitmanPro.Alert to get the most out of keystroke encryption, exploit mitigation, etc.

Hitman Pro Alert: Real Time Malware Scanner, Anti-Exploit Tool | HitmanPro.Alert Download

Magusxd

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 17, 2016

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Sure thanks for the recommendation, is a virtual keyboard needed for extra security and peace of mind ? in a combo like zemana + keyscrambler + hitmanpro.alert ?
I would personally be comfortable with just running HitmanPro.Alert on my PC without the other two. I think it does a good enough job with the keystroke encryption where you don't need additional anti-logger software.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I don't get the point of backups i don't have anything to loose, i care only about keyloggers and to have my operating system in "fresh" condition for when i game on it
We suggest a backup plan because it is a normal security policy.
Even if you don't have important data to protect, the OS backup allows you to restore a system image in reasonable time, having the system working as at the time of the backup.

Magusxd

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 17, 2016
We suggest a backup plan because it is a normal security policy.
Even if you don't have important data to protect, the OS backup allows you to restore a system image in reasonable time, having the system working as at the time of the backup.

Just for the easy factor ? i get it. I have my reasons to not use such measures. Anyway thank you very much for ur recommendation and explanation.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Just for the easy factor ? i get it. I have my reasons to not use such measures. Anyway thank you very much for ur recommendation and explanation.
Sure, we don't want to know your reasons, that it was just an objective advice, thanks for your reply ;)

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I also agree with @tim one on running two anti keyloggers at the same time.Personally I would say ZAL is better than Keyscrambler free.
If you do not trust ZAL then I would run it as an on demand scanner and keep Keyscrambler free in realtime.
You have Windows Firewall which is fine.
A virtual keyboard is really not going help you with keyloggers because the keylogging malware/software has evolved to where it does not need to actually record keystrokes.It can now record mouse clicks and take screenshots and since you use the mouse clicks to type hence the problem.
The virtual keyboard appears to the OS as another keyboard and uses the OS keyboard driver.
Most keylogging software today has been made to capture virtual keyboard input.
So, technically No the Ms virtual keyboard is not enough to prevent keylogging.

Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.