Advice Request Major version of Malwarebytes is your favourite?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Your favourite GUI for 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware'?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wikipedia states:

"MBAM is primarily a scanner that scans and removes malicious software, including rogue security software, adware, and spyware. MBAM scans in batch mode, rather than scanning all files opened, reducing interference if another on-demand anti-malware software is also running on the computer.

MBAM is available in both a free and a premium paid version. The free version can be manually run by the user when desired, whereas the paid version can perform scheduled scans, automatically scan files when opened, block IP addresses of malicious web sites, and scan only those services, programs and device drivers that are currently in use.

On December 8th, 2016, Malwarebytes released version 3.0 to the general public. This includes malware, ransomware, exploit, and malicious website protection."

Now as an Antivirus replacement, which version of Malwarebytes' GUI was your personal favourite?
* GUI = Graphical User Interface.
** Optionally, if you picked Functionality over GUI - please explain with a valid reason in the comments below.

View screenshots

Version 1.x

upload_2017-1-10_11-27-13.png

Version 2.0

upload_2017-1-10_11-27-28.png

Version 2.1

upload_2017-1-10_11-27-40.png

Version 3.x

upload_2017-1-10_11-27-48.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I vote for v2.x
Since v2.2 MBAM has gone downward
Now with v3.0, it's like a malware with so many obvious bugs rather than a tool to protect PC
The devs even said that v3.0 was a beta product which was released prematurely to increase the number of testers. Therefore, we are playing with a beta product, not a reliable tool to install and use in daily basis

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Voted for version 2.1 because i used it a long time and never had problems with it.

The problems started with the release of version 3.0 ... like nothing worked... wont update, wont open, no internet connection anymore, freezes everywhere (I like their new GUI though)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
My vote goes to v1.x. To me something about the GUI just makes it look like a product that works and for that matter back then it really worked very well.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly I like the version of MBAM 1.x since the simplicity of the interface is shown but packed with very good detection rates against known relevant threats.

I'm not saying MBAM is not good at all, however being a full blown AV is something that needs an overhaul changes.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Version 3 & I honestly wish everyone would stop hating on MalwareBytes. What the heck have they done wrong? In all of my tests since the final version of V3 it has performed extremely well & these are tests against hours-1-2 day old samples. MalwareBytes is not a buggy program at all so I really don't understand why everyone keeps saying that - start criticising Windows 10 because that is a buggy OS, MalwareBytes V3 is not a buggy program.

I've used every version of MalwareBytes but V3 is my favourite & anyone who starts hating on MalwareBytes or spreading bug rumours without actually submitting the bugs to MalwareBytes probably just dislikes the company. Version 3 has no bloat as well so why are people complaining about that? It has URL, Detection & Prevention protection that is good quality, it has a modern GUI, it's pretty light & outperforms lots of other programs. Please stop complaining about V3 :(

Last edited by a moderator:

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Whatever is the latest version works for me. So yep, version 3 and then 4 and so on... hehe :) Since I've a lifetime license, so I would want the development to keep continuing forever and become more better. Any bugs or less efficiency, I can adapt to that as long as they are developing.

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
I like the current version; most updated is always best. (sometimes)

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
newer need not always mean better :cool:

i voted for v2 because of the clean interface & functionality too. as for v3 the interface to me seems cramped up & it detects nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.