Poll Make malicious/suspicious extensions thread a STICKY

Discussion in 'Browsers and Extensions' started by Windows_Security, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Let's create a sticky with fake/malicious extensions

1. Yes: Make it a sticky

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No: don't bother

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Official Website:
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/fake-malicious-extensions-on-chrome-web-store.76867/
    Installation advice:
    This program may contain Potentially Unwanted software.
    Prorootect's thread with malicious extensions is falling of the radar (because of less traffic). The idea of sharing this information helps to increase the informative value of this forum (at least that is my opinion), therefore I ask member of this forum their thought about:

DO YOU VALUE A STICKY THREAD IN WHICH WE WARN EACH OTHER FOR FAKE/MALICIOUS/SUSPICIOUS EXTENSIONS?

2. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Today I got a mail of a friend who found an extension I really ought to use: Ads Killer, so I clicked on the offered by link in the Chrome store. It mentioned Ads Killer. so I clicked on the link and ii showed a one page website advertising this extension. On the bottem of this extension it had a copyright notice: GLOBALMICROTRADING. This is a Singapore based company specializing in visitor tracking and web conversion :unsure:

So I replied my friend this screenshot

upload_2018-1-2_13-16-33.png

upload_2018-1-2_13-18-43.png