Advice Request Make malicious/suspicious extensions thread a STICKY

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Prorootect's thread with malicious extensions is falling of the radar (because of less traffic). The idea of sharing this information helps to increase the informative value of this forum (at least that is my opinion), therefore I ask member of this forum their thought about:

DO YOU VALUE A STICKY THREAD IN WHICH WE WARN EACH OTHER FOR FAKE/MALICIOUS/SUSPICIOUS EXTENSIONS?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Today I got a mail of a friend who found an extension I really ought to use: Ads Killer, so I clicked on the offered by link in the Chrome store. It mentioned Ads Killer. so I clicked on the link and ii showed a one page website advertising this extension. On the bottem of this extension it had a copyright notice: GLOBALMICROTRADING. This is a Singapore based company specializing in visitor tracking and web conversion :unsure:

So I replied my friend this screenshot

upload_2018-1-2_13-16-33.png

upload_2018-1-2_13-18-43.png

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Why suspicious Chrome extension should be made a sticky (can't even find Prorootect's thread anymore)

Here we go again
- uBlock Adblocker
Hint: developer link is simple link to Chrome store extension page

- AdRemover for Google Chrome™

- uBlock Plus

- Superblock Extended - Adblocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.